+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree312Likes

Thread: The Duggar Family

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Re: The Duggar Family

Oh yes, I'm sure they are paid for the episodes in which their homelife is being filmed. I'm sure they were compensated quite well for the birth of the baby episode! And, that is probably very helpful to them, being newly married, living on one income, from a car dealership.

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3819487;
    I used to be an assistant manager at Aldi back when there were no scanners and the employees had to memorize every item in the store and had weekly tests
    Yow!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;3818476;
    They dress in designer clothes and wear make-up and hair products!

And yet they have their daughters dress like it is 1875. So precious and so twisting. At least be all the way or none of the way. One of my main problems with this couple. If thats the life they want to leave fine, but they have so many inconsistencies in their behavior its just ridiculous.

There's actually quite a few Christian denominations where the women wear long skirts, modest shirts, and keep their hair long-and some schools of thought forbid the makeup and the fancy stuff! I wouldn't necessarily say that they are dressing like it's 1875, they are, as one of the girls said, more "modest modern" with their current hairstyles, use of light makeup, and wearing of items that would be relatively current that fit in their dress code.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

FORT Fogey

While I disagree with the school of thought that women should have to wear long skirts or have any sort of restrictions that men don't, you have to hand it to the Duggars. They allow their girls to still be somewhat fashionable and express themselves through clothing.

FORT Fogey

I wouldn't hand that to them. I recall the girls saying, "We wear our hair like this because Daddy likes girls' hair like this."

FORT Fogey

You do? I don't. But again, there are lots of denominations that call for women to wear their hair up, unadorned.

I really want Anna's leather coat! She looked great tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3822713;
    I wouldn't hand that to them. I recall the girls saying, "We wear our hair like this because Daddy likes girls' hair like this."
    Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3822976;
    You do? I don't. But again, there are lots of denominations that call for women to wear their hair up, unadorned.
    If my recollection is accurate, during one of the "ask the Duggars" the question was raised about the girls hair and I believe the answer was something along the lines of they didn't have to have the hair that way, but they did because "Daddy likes it". What is wrong with that? I say not a thing.

There is a passage in the Bible about women not cutting their hair.

+ Reply to Thread