+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 229 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112 ... LastLast
Like Tree326Likes

Thread: The Duggar Family

Premium Member

Re: The Duggar Family

Yeah, there's no way she could have tolerated that many c-sections and not had a uterine rupture at some point. I've seen hundreds of c-sections in my job, and the only thing I keep thinking is that I wonder what her uterus looks like, because I've seen some that are so paper thin after multiple pregnancies that you can actually see the baby through it before they cut into it.

Have they said anything about this being there last child? Or do they just plan on making babies until its no medically/safely possible to do so?

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lady;3254695;
    Have they said anything about this being there last child? Or do they just plan on making babies until its no medically/safely possible to do so?
    I'm pretty sure that they plan on making babies until its no longer medically/safely possible to do. And I'm not TOO sure about the "safely" part. Don't you bet that the doctor told her a dozen or so babies ago that it's about time to quit? Her health has to be taking a severe beating. (Not to mention that she's probably walking on her nipples.)

You know, one thing I was wondering. Has it ever been mentioned how the family celebrates the childrens' birthdays? I know they don't have much against birthdays since one episode covered the celebration of Michelle's birthday.

Would it be like in elementary school, a cupcake and a juice box for everyone in the class on someone's birthday? lol

A few days ago I saw pictures that cousin Amy had posted -- I can't remember how I stumbled upon them; if I can retrace my steps, I'll post a link here -- from Michelle's baby shower.

In the picture there were loads of presents behind Michelle. What exactly do you get for someone having their 18th child....? since clearly they already have all the baby stuff you could possibly need.

Anyway, as fun as it can be to snark on them, I'm glad to hear that everyone, especially new baby Jordyn, is happy and healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3254509;
    Duggar Family Welcomes 18th (!) Child - Babies : People.com

Duggar Family Welcomes 18th (!) Child

Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar of Tontitown, Ark., had their eighteenth child Thursday Jordyn-Grace Makiya, who joins the rest of her J-named siblings.

Jordyn-Grace was born via C-section at Mercy Medical Center in Rogers, weeks before her due date of Jan. 1. She weighed in at 7 lbs, 3 oz and was 20 inches long.

"Mother and baby are resting and doing well," says a rep for the Duggar family, whose crowded house is featured on the TLC network show 17 Kids & Counting.

The newest Duggar has a lot of names to keep straight.

The other kids who range in age from 20 years to 17 months are Joshua (who married Anna Keller in September and says he is looking forward to the "blessing of children" of his own), twins John-David and Jana, Jill, Jessa, Jinger, Joseph, Josiah, Joy-Anna, twins Jeremiah and Jedidiah, Jason, James, Justin, Jackson, Johannah and Jennifer.

Their parents married when Michelle was 17 and Jim Bob was 19. (Her mother had to officially sign permission.) After birth-control pills were blamed for a miscarriage, the couple decided to throw them out. They've had a new baby approximately every 18 months since.

"What really works for me is swaddling a baby and snuggling up," Michelle told PEOPLE in an interview last year. "I love that time of just bonding and nursing a little baby. And, with a new baby, I realize that I don't need as much sleep as I used to think I did. You learn. This time goes by so quickly. I look at my older children and wonder where the time went."

A special on Jordyn-Grace's birth will air Dec. 22 at 10 p.m. on TLC.
    I do like the name Jordyn alot and really like the spelling.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by psycobabe007;3254808;
    You know, one thing I was wondering. Has it ever been mentioned how the family celebrates the childrens' birthdays? I know they don't have much against birthdays since one episode covered the celebration of Michelle's birthday.

Would it be like in elementary school, a cupcake and a juice box for everyone in the class on someone's birthday? lol
    They probably just get up and bake a couple or three or four cakes every day. It's bound to be somebody's birthday.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;3254848;
    They probably just get up and bake a couple or three or four cakes every day. It's bound to be somebody's birthday.
    TOO FUNNY!!! THANK YOU for the

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lady;3254695;

Apparently NOT! Good grief!

Duggar Family Already Thinking About 19th Child - Babies : People.com

Duggar Family Already Thinking About 19th Child
    Originally posted Friday December 19, 2008 03:10 PM EST
    The Duggar Family, before the latest arrival

For Jim and Michelle Duggar, eighteen isn't enough.

After welcoming a 7-lb., 3 oz. daughter via C-section on Thursday to join their 17 other children, the proud papa tells the Associated Press: "We both would love to have more."

The Duggars now have 10 sons and eight daughters, ranging in age from 17 months to 20 years, all with first names starting with the letter J, including the newborn addition, Jordyn-Grace Makiya Duggar.

"The ultimate Christmas gift from God," said Jim tells AP. "She's just absolutely beautiful, like her mom and her sisters."

The family's crowded house in Tontitown, Ark., is featured on the TLC network show 17 Kids & Counting, which will have its name updated to reflect the birth of No. 18.

---------------------

Back to the c-section, I was thinking maybe when the two sets of twins were born, they were delivered via c-section. When did it become standard operating procedure for twins to be born in an OR rather than a delivery room? I ask this because my neighbor had twins in 9/01 and delivered the first one in the OR and then had the second one via c-section. She said that is how things are done now. I remember an old friend of mine having twins vaginally back in the 70s. My aunt had twins vaginally in the 50s. And my mom's aunt had twins born at home in 1930. Maybe this became standard practice to safeguard the docs from malpractice?

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;3254848;
    Good one, Muduh!

Maybe they do that because neither parent can actually REMEMBER all those dates!

+ Reply to Thread