+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree242Likes

Thread: The Duggar Family

FoRT Fan

Re: The Duggar Family

Gabriel .... I was just going to post the same, myself !!

It has been reported that she had preeclampsia. If she continues to have more babies, she will die. I hope this is clearly explained to them.

FORT Fogey Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion nanarama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;3769124;
    It has been reported that she had preeclampsia. If she continues to have more babies, she will die. I hope this is clearly explained to them.
    She will die from having more babies because she had preeclampsia?
    I'm not doubting that the doctors might have told her that she would risk her health or even life by having more babies, but as someone who had five children and the first and third were born when I had preeclampsia, I'm puzzled. My doctors never said preeclampsia was a reason not to have any more children. They did tell me that I was more at risk to have it again after having had it once. Though my first child was delvered a month early, (after two months of bed rest) at no time did my doctors say, "no more." I realize that Michelle is an older mom so maybe that makes it even more risky?

She may not die. I was being overly dramatic, but it certainly increases the odds. She is older and has had 19; the risk is dramatically increased.

And how many people with no or a couple kids go through with high risk pregnancy situations every single day? Are we passing the same judgment on all those people and telling all of them to have no more children as well?

But they don't have 19, and that's the point. Morality aside, the physical risk increases with each pregnancy. If a doctor told me I had a high likelihood of complications or death, then I wouldn't have any more children/any children. Knowingly putting yourself at risk is different than having a high risk pregnancy that may be a one time complication. Preeclampsia is likely to recur.

I agree, I think everyone wants to be in their corner because they are wonderful people but...........19 babies........one uterus.......think about it
    I truly hope mother and baby will be okay!

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;3769980;
    But they don't have 19, and that's the point. Morality aside, the physical risk increases with each pregnancy. If a doctor told me I had a high likelihood of complications or death, then I wouldn't have any more children/any children. Knowingly putting yourself at risk is different than having a high risk pregnancy that may be a one time complication. Preeclampsia is likely to recur.
    And many parents who had pre-eclampsia have gone on to have more htan one child. This is their personal choice. But we can't hold them to a different standard than everyone else is held to. I know many diabetic women who have children knowing it is a huge risk. Many obese women have children knowing it's a risk. Many women over 40 have children knowing there are risks. Etc. There are many people who are much more at risk than she is during pregnancy. But do we hold them to the same standard? No.

I don't watch this show. I don't care one way or the other how many children she has. I am fundementally against the exploitation of children on TV by ANYONE.

That being said if the show and their life style bothers you so much why keep watching?

I don't watch it. I have never seen one episode. However, I am free to comment on reality show contestants within the rules of this forum, as are you. I think they're freaks, and am allowed to say so. This is not a fans only site.

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;3770328;
    I don't watch it. I have never seen one episode. However, I am free to comment on reality show contestants within the rules of this forum, as are you. I think they're freaks, and am allowed to say so. This is not a fans only site.

I consider the Duggars & other defiant reproducers to be selfish & completely uninterested in the planet their enormous broods & their heirs will inherit. I'm disgusted with the media outlets that glorify their behavior. And I have the right to post my opinion, even if I don't watch the show &/or others disapprove or disagree.

+ Reply to Thread