+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree326Likes

Thread: The Duggar Family

FORT Fan

Re: The Duggar Family

Honestly y'all....an ostrich egg doesn't taste that much different than a chicken egg, it's just a LOT bigger. And ostrich meat is pretty tasty as well, I'd suggest it if you ever get a chance to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by pretlitdev;3748264;
    Honestly y'all....an ostrich egg doesn't taste that much different than a chicken egg, it's just a LOT bigger. And ostrich meat is pretty tasty as well, I'd suggest it if you ever get a chance to try it.
    That's what I have heard. Would like to try both myself....
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by pretlitdev;3748264;
    Didn't one of the kids make the comment that it tastes healthier? (Whatever that measn.)

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

Ostrich eggs don't taste too different from a regular egg, but their is a world of taste difference between a supermarket egg and one gotten straight from a hen on a farm. That is probably what they meant by it 'tasting healthier'.
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

Quote Originally Posted by iguanachocolate;3749153;
    Ostrich eggs don't taste too different from a regular egg, but their is a world of taste difference between a supermarket egg and one gotten straight from a hen on a farm. That is probably what they meant by it 'tasting healthier'.
    Depends on what the hens are fed. If you find some fresh organic eggs where the hens aren't shot up with a ton of antibiotics you're more likely to notice a taste difference.

Loved last nights episode!

just kind of curious...why do some of the girls always wear flip flops..even in the dead of winter? I know they purchase second hand stuff...but flip flops in winter???? And another question..is it just me..or does Josh's wife seem to have a rather odd way of always hanging on him? The second the camera frames her..she lays her head on his shoulder..rubs his back or wants a little sugar. I know they are newlyweds..sort of...but really..give it a rest honey.
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

I guess it's a case of them still being in the "honeymoon" phase, as I like to see it-they're finally able to be affectionate and she wants to show that off.

As for the flip-flops, I did them a lot when I was their age. It could be a case of them just running out the door and quickly throwing something on their feet, or it could be a case of not wanting to dirty up some of their better shoes. Who knows.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter;3752831;
    just kind of curious...why do some of the girls always wear flip flops..even in the dead of winter? I know they purchase second hand stuff...but flip flops in winter???? And another question..is it just me..or does Josh's wife seem to have a rather odd way of always hanging on him? The second the camera frames her..she lays her head on his shoulder..rubs his back or wants a little sugar. I know they are newlyweds..sort of...but really..give it a rest honey.
    Actually, I think it has to do with her being shy. She has said on more than one occasion that Josh is far more comfortable with being in the public eye than she is. Perhaps she wants reassurance.
    As far as flip flops are concerned, I personally haven't noticed them wearing flip flops in winter (and remember, what we're seeing now was filmed a while back) but in the South where I live it's not uncommon now days for girls (and even ladies) to do that. I've thought many times, "Holy cow! Aren't your feet cold?"

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;3752873;
    Actually, I think it has to do with her being shy. She has said on more than one occasion that Josh is far more comfortable with being in the public eye than she is. Perhaps she wants reassurance.
    As far as flip flops are concerned, I personally haven't noticed them wearing flip flops in winter (and remember, what we're seeing now was filmed a while back) but in the South where I live it's not uncommon now days for girls (and even ladies) to do that. I've thought many times, "Holy cow! Aren't your feet cold?"
    I agree, it probably is a combination of shyness and honeymoon-ness.

As for the flip flops.... kids do that sort of thing, no hat on a cold day etc.....

+ Reply to Thread