+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree312Likes

Thread: The Duggar Family

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

Re: The Duggar Family

She did say usually. I think I remember a time or two when they have worn pants under their skirts. I can't remember what for though.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

FORT Fogey

They wear them under their skirts for sports, I believe.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I like how they dress because I think they accomplish their goal, which is to draw attention to their faces, rather than bodies. Personally, I'm sick of muffin-tops, butt cleavage, camel toes, and the rest. It's hard to talk to someone with their breasts on display in your face. Or to sit behind someone in church with her butt hanging out and a brightly colored thong above it. My son and I were walking through a crowded aisle in the store the other day and this older lady stopped in front of us, and bent over to get something with her really low-cut jeans. Half of her ass was hanging out. We laughed that we were being mooned. There was no way to avoid seeing it.

I wish more people would follow the Duggar's example in dressing! If more people would dress that way, we could bring a little mystery back. We've seen so much of each other's bodies these days that there is nothing left to see!

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;3739201;
    I like how they dress because I think they accomplish their goal, which is to draw attention to their faces, rather than bodies. Personally, I'm sick of muffin-tops, butt cleavage, camel toes, and the rest. It's hard to talk to someone with their breasts on display in your face. Or to sit behind someone in church with her butt hanging out and a brightly colored thong above it. My son and I were walking through a crowded aisle in the store the other day and this older lady stopped in front of us, and bent over to get something with her really low-cut jeans. Half of her ass was hanging out. We laughed that we were being mooned. There was no way to avoid seeing it.

I wish more people would follow the Duggar's example in dressing! If more people would dress that way, we could bring a little mystery back. We've seen so much of each other's bodies these days that there is nothing left to see!
    That I heard and I totally agree with. As for the rest of your post I stamp my feet and shout hear hear!! I am in total agreement.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Gabriel,

You have the "male" symbol by your name. If you agree, then it really has gotten bad! See - the boys have even become sick of seeing it!

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;3739228;
    Gabriel,

You have the "male" symbol by your name. If you agree, then it really has gotten bad! See - the boys have even become sick of seeing it!
    Amen to that.....In the last year I have seen more unlicensed "plumbers" than I ever should have. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    "Lucy...you got some splainin' to do." Ricky Ricardo

I am old and really don't care to see all that stuff hanging out everywhere, but I do have friends that are in their 20s and 30s that are just so over seeing muffin tops, the "twins" peaking out the door etc etc..
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

After seeing the trends for teen girls (and even younger then their teens) to dress provacatively and boys wearing pants with their butts haning out... I think modesty is refreshing. I might not go with skirts all the times and a little skin at a certain age is fine, but I have seen more then I need to see with some people. WE had a guy come into work, short shirt, pants around his thighs, boxers visible as plain as day and I think something more was hsowing that I DID NOT want to think about let alone see!

BTW, one of my old high school friends just posted on FB today that the Duggars will be at her church on Sunday. She is out in Asheville, NC.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

Joy Behar is hosting a number of women like Mrs Duggar from Quiverful--who have a lot of children on her radio talk show tonight.

It turns out that Quiverful women must have so many children because they are breeding potential voters who will turn America around from its sinful ways.

That doesn't seem like very good reason to have so many children.

Joy's radio talk show is on XM right after Larry King.

That's actually a very common belief-one reason why some (I am not saying all) of those families have so many kids is because they are raising "values voters" who will help to basically turn America into an uber-Christian state.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

+ Reply to Thread