+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 252 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast
Like Tree449Likes

Thread: The Duggar Family

Re: The Duggar Family

True confession: I just put the Duggars' book ($10 + change) on my Amazon wishlist. Since my husband usually buys almost everything on my wishlist, chances are good I'll be receiving it for Christmas.

Hangs head in shame...

Quote Originally Posted by MMLEsq;3247864;
    True confession: I just put the Duggars' book ($10 + change) on my Amazon wishlist. Since my husband usually buys almost everything on my wishlist, chances are good I'll be receiving it for Christmas.

Hangs head in shame...
    hehe... don't feel bad... I thought of adding it to my list as well but decided to put that new book written by Madonna's brother where he supposedly dishes about her and her famous friends.... if it's anything like other "tell alls" that I've bought in the past......I'll probably wind up wishing I'd asked for the Duggars book instead..
    If Jimmy cracks corn and no one cares... why is there a song about him?

FORT Newbie

[mod edit]
    Also, until you've been to a Gothard seminar, do knock them. My parents went to one back in the 70's and it made my dad a better dad. He actually was home EVERY night for dinner - difficult for a preacher. He always set aside time for us - which is something he was lax in doing before Gothard. Now he never bought into what Evangelicals call "legalism" (that's the dress and courting stuff the Duggars talk about). I was taught I could be anything I wanted to be and that marriage was a partnership of equals. "Obeying" your husband is very much a moral obey. It's about faithfulness and loyalty. Your faithfulness and loyalty should be to your husband and family. I know my father was taught that the wife should always be consulted. Mom said Dad never asked her opinion until he went to Gothard.

Everything today is about "ME ME ME" - The Duggars are living proof that a family can be happy when everything is about OTHERS!
    Last edited by Marleybone; 12-10-2008 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MMLEsq;3247864;

Hangs head in shame...
    Don't hang your head. We will be asking you to share what you've read.
    CYA

Quote Originally Posted by Bachelorette35;3248349;
    [mod edit]
    Also, until you've been to a Gothard seminar, do knock them. My parents went to one back in the 70's and it made my dad a better dad. He actually was home EVERY night for dinner - difficult for a preacher. He always set aside time for us - which is something he was lax in doing before Gothard. Now he never bought into what Evangelicals call "legalism" (that's the dress and courting stuff the Duggars talk about). I was taught I could be anything I wanted to be and that marriage was a partnership of equals. "Obeying" your husband is very much a moral obey. It's about faithfulness and loyalty. Your faithfulness and loyalty should be to your husband and family. I know my father was taught that the wife should always be consulted. Mom said Dad never asked her opinion until he went to Gothard.

Everything today is about "ME ME ME" - The Duggars are living proof that a family can be happy when everything is about OTHERS!
    Don't you mean do NOT knock them?
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Duggar Family Welcomes 18th (!) Child - Babies : People.com

Duggar Family Welcomes 18th (!) Child

Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar of Tontitown, Ark., had their eighteenth child Thursday Jordyn-Grace Makiya, who joins the rest of her J-named siblings.

Jordyn-Grace was born via C-section at Mercy Medical Center in Rogers, weeks before her due date of Jan. 1. She weighed in at 7 lbs, 3 oz and was 20 inches long.

"Mother and baby are resting and doing well," says a rep for the Duggar family, whose crowded house is featured on the TLC network show 17 Kids & Counting.

The newest Duggar has a lot of names to keep straight.

The other kids who range in age from 20 years to 17 months are Joshua (who married Anna Keller in September and says he is looking forward to the "blessing of children" of his own), twins John-David and Jana, Jill, Jessa, Jinger, Joseph, Josiah, Joy-Anna, twins Jeremiah and Jedidiah, Jason, James, Justin, Jackson, Johannah and Jennifer.

Their parents married when Michelle was 17 and Jim Bob was 19. (Her mother had to officially sign permission.) After birth-control pills were blamed for a miscarriage, the couple decided to throw them out. They've had a new baby approximately every 18 months since.

"What really works for me is swaddling a baby and snuggling up," Michelle told PEOPLE in an interview last year. "I love that time of just bonding and nursing a little baby. And, with a new baby, I realize that I don't need as much sleep as I used to think I did. You learn. This time goes by so quickly. I look at my older children and wonder where the time went."

A special on Jordyn-Grace's birth will air Dec. 22 at 10 p.m. on TLC.

She has nursed 18 babies? I can't even begin to imagine
    CYA

LOL

Maybe she will get a free boob job like someone who shall not be named wanted (and was told to just get a decent-fitting bra instead!)

I wonder if this was her first c-section. I know this cannot be her 18th section!

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3254519;
    LOL

Maybe she will get a free boob job like someone who shall not be named wanted (and was told to just get a decent-fitting bra instead!)!
    never....I bet JImBob wouldn't go for that
    CYA

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3254519;
    LOL

Maybe she will get a free boob job like someone who shall not be named wanted (and was told to just get a decent-fitting bra instead!)

I wonder if this was her first c-section. I know this cannot be her 18th section!

I read that this was her 3rd c-section. I'm guessing the other two sections were with the two sets of twins.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

+ Reply to Thread