+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree312Likes

Thread: The Duggar Family

Re: The Duggar Family

Sharing a joyful life moment with the world vs. showing your, as Oprah would say, Vajayjay, seems to be a completely different thing to me. That's just my opinion though.

If I were them I wouldn't choose to have my family on tv. However, I think their motivations are different than Jon and Kate and many reality show families at least. The Duggars say it's not mainly about the money, but about sharing their beliefs and life style. This is a way to do it with a wide audience.

They don't seem like many other families we see who are after attention, money, fame and noteriety.

There are a lot of religious people who want to share the joys they have found in their religion/lifestyle with others. The Duggars say they want to share that and their show is how they do it. They aren't trying to force us to live the way they do, just showing us the joy that it brings them. So far I tend to believe that is their motivation, but I guess we'll see what happens.

I don't have a problem with it so far and actually think they are a pretty good example of a loving family.

I have heard people say they've been inspired by the show to improve their families, live more frugally/greenly, yell at their kids less (has Michelle ever raised her voice in anger?), spend more time together etc... They have made me want to try some things to conserve cash, like making my own laundry soap as they do, it's cheaper and greener.

As I said I would certainly never put my family on tv. I hope it works out well for them. I hope they are thoughtful and careful about it. Overall reality tv doesn't seem to do much good for families.

Quote Originally Posted by gadmus126;3736618;
    I agree she wouldn't show her stomach when she was getting the ultra she always had to be covered meanwhile the camera man gets to see her legs spread open seeing her private area he held the baby after it was born.
    Not defending or degrading their choices, but wondering if you know for sure what the arrangement was at the birth and what the camera man was able to see, or are you just assuming?

I don't believe for a nanosecond that the camera man or any camera was able to ever see or film anything other than the baby being held up.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

The idea that Anna would be "spread eagle" in front of the cameraman shows a lack of knowing the family. There is no way anyone saw anything!!

FORT Fogey

Well if he was filming the birth it's a bit hard to believe he didn't see anything, especially if he held the baby right after the birth.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3736901;
    Well if he was filming the birth it's a bit hard to believe he didn't see anything, especially if he held the baby right after the birth.
    He filmed her giving birth, not the actual birth itself. There's a difference.

FORT Fogey

Okay. But it's reasonable to think that he filmed the actual birth, is it not? So the scorn here's unecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3737099;
    Okay. But it's reasonable to think that he filmed the actual birth, is it not? So the scorn here's unecessary.
    Why should we assume that? Nothing gave us that impression. It's not like they showed the birth and blurred out the not safe for tv parts. We saw Anna's face during the birth, not below the belt.

And even if he did record it (was is an assumption), then maybe they wanted it for their personal use. Some people do tape their births to keep for memories.

If you've ever witnessed a birth, you know don't see very much at all if you are at the head of the bed. It is very possible to be there "watching" but not see any private parts. I saw this episode twice and didn't get the impression that anything immodest was going on.

Last night I watched the ASK the DUGGARS episode and I was so impressed and in tune with them. They are so down to earth and I really do not believe they are exploiting the kids as may have been insinuated in various places. I truly wish there were more people like them around.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread