+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree349Likes

Thread: The Duggar Family

FORT Fanatic

Re: The Duggar Family

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;3732697;
    I don't think anyone would even notice anything unusual about the way the Duggar kids dress. They totally look like every other kid around where I live. They wear alot of Aeropostle and polo, along with denim skirts for the girls and jeans for the boys and flip flops, crocs, and tennis shoes. The girls wear make-up and jewelry, and style their hair really cute and stylish.

Tonight's episode for my area was Josh and Anna's baby shower and delivery. I wondered if I missed it because everyone has already been talking about it.

I cracked up when Josh and Anna were getting ready to go somewhere. Josh has developed his father's love of hairspray!

I also thought it was really sweet of Josh to drive a limo to pick up Anna's family at the airport. Anna's sisters are really stylish and pretty!

Those Duggar girls know how to throw a shower, huh? Lots of practice! They had boxes of shower supplies. I thought the bright pink and lime green color theme was cute. I was also extremely impressed with Michelle's ability to fix the cake decorating mistake with a toothpick! I wouldn't be able to do that!

It was very obvious that Anna made her own decision about her labor and delivery. Personally, I'm an epidural-gal, but more power to her! I'm so happy for them and hope the best for them!
    I thought the hairspray shower was a hoot too! Oh my goodness! They are the main contributors to the deterioration of the ozone layer. Perhaps they should consider non-aerosol pump sprays... or go back to the old dippity-doo plaster of the 70's. Either way, their hair would withstand a tornado!

I just was able to watch the entire wedding vow renewal episode. I always come away from watching the Duggars interact and talk about each other in a very upbeat happy mood.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Regarding the hairspray, I think I remember them saying that the reason he uses so much is because he has to wrangle kids all day, so it helps him keep his hair in place. Like father like son, I suppose!
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

I will probably be attacked for saying this, but I feel the need, lol.

I really could have lived without the birth of Josh and Anna's child being shown on television.

Did they really have to go and do that? I have less respect for the Duggar clan now.

FORT Fogey

You're entitled to your opinion, and I don't think anyone should attack you.

I am genuinely curious, though, as to why it bothered you? I know I can't watch any sort of TV birth (makes me scared to have kids!!!) but I wonder why it makes you respect them less?

FORT Fogey

Has anyone asked how much money the Duggars make every time each of their children appears on tv?

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3735703;
    You're entitled to your opinion, and I don't think anyone should attack you.

I am genuinely curious, though, as to why it bothered you? I know I can't watch any sort of TV birth (makes me scared to have kids!!!) but I wonder why it makes you respect them less?
    Partially because it makes their love of modesty seem a bit hypocritical, and maybe partly because I feel this family is selling out to reality tv in some ways.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lilymax;3735776;
    Partially because it makes their love of modesty seem a bit hypocritical, and maybe partly because I feel this family is selling out to reality tv in some ways.
    You are entitled to your opinion.

They didn't show anything at all of Anna giving birth, it wasn't as much as you would see on any Discovery Channel show. You saw here in labor, and her face, then, you saw the baby. It was tastefully done.

I think that people feel invested in this family and their fans are really happy that they got to be a part of the first Duggar grandbaby birth.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by lilymax;3735776;
    I get what you mean. It's sort of like, okay... you won't let your daughters wear pants but you will let the entire world in on your most private moments?

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3735874;
    I get what you mean. It's sort of like, okay... you won't let your daughters wear pants but you will let the entire world in on your most private moments?
    I agree she wouldn't show her stomach when she was getting the ultra she always had to be covered meanwhile the camera man gets to see her legs spread open seeing her private area he held the baby after it was born.

+ Reply to Thread