+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree242Likes

Thread: The Duggar Family

Re: The Duggar Family

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3729763;
    JustJuls-hi.

This is what makes me wonder what is really going on with this family--and why I think that there is a lot going on here that has nothing to do with the health and wellbeing of the people involved--

Especially the first-time mother and her baby--

It was also said above that Anna did NOT have a hospital birth with her OB in attendance because the 'Doctor was out of town."

Now there are two questions--

1) What OB "goes out of town" and does NOT arrange for coverage?
    (Answer--none.)

and

2) Why is it that Anna could ONLY go to the OB that her mother-in-law went to?

Did no one explain to her that if she arranged to have an OB with her--that it didn't matter which OB it was? That it was her safety and the safety of the baby that was important?

Why would she suddenly get an attack of "modesty" when she had already been seen to--and by--Michelle's OB?

What exactly is going on here?

Is there only ONE doctor that the Duggar women can go to and use? And why?
    IS there a possibility you are reading more into these different things than is really happening? I think what Anna did was perfectly normal, as I have know women who have used OB/GYNs that friends or in laws used, and if that one was unavailable for whatever someone else OF THE MOTHERS choosing was used.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Celestrial;3729853;
    Doctors do go out of town, Maybe the doctor had a emergency or something. Things do happen to them aswell, and they don't always cover for you. Usually if your doctors out of town, you get the the first doctor that has a minute to see you.

Celestrial--hi.

Sorry--but having worked in a job that was closely related to and allied with OB doctors and their patients I am going to disagree with you on this.

OBs do NOT leave town without having lined up at least one doc to cover their patients for them--especially when they have patients close to delivering.

To leave without arranging coverage--and without giving the substitute doc info about the patients who are awaiting delivery would come very close to malpractice--which no OB would want.

This "explanation" of the doc just suddenly going out of town without leaving another doctor ready to take call for deliveries is very suspicious.

IE--it does not make sense in terms of how OBs behave--and I suspect it was a made up "excuse" for having a home delivery.

Wind Dance, they never said there wasn't another doctor available. I don't recall the exact words but it was along the lines of Anna was not comfortable with going to the doctor she didn't know and preferred to have the doula and midwife she knew attend her.

What did they say that made you think she was forced rather than choose to:

A. go to Michelle's doctor ?

and

B. have a home delivery?

I always ask friends and family for referrals when looking for any kind of doctor. Why would her going to a doctor her mother-in-law had experience with and liked be odd??

FORT Newbie

They said directly on the show, her doctor went out of town. so she choose instead of going to another doctor she didn't know to have a home birth.
    Who knows maybe Anna met the other doctor its's hard to say. We saw 11 hours of labour in maybe 20 minutes of the show.
    And Thats how it works here in canada. For anything, if you doctors not on call, or not there. you get the first doctor available for you. that how it work in ontario for us.

But either way, there both safe and healthy as far as we know. So we don't we just stop all this prattle and disagreements and prejudices. Seriously if you dislike the way the lead there lives, and have problems with everything they do....DON'T WATCH THE SHOW!!!! Its simple as that cause all your doing is bringing up your own bad experiances about people you don't even know. Your stereotyping to what you think they are from your experiences.
    Not every large family is quiverful or dominance over women. Considering Jimbob says all the time he leaves how many children they have to Michelle. So unless she's raping him to have a truck load of kids, i don't see him doing it.

FORT Newbie

Hi, I have only seen a couple of episodes of the Duggar family and have a question - did Michelle serve her husband a can of stewed tomatoes for lunch? I watched her spoon them out of the can and then the next scene showed her husband talking of dieting and he was sitting in front of a plate of, what looked like the very same tomatoes that were straight from the can. Is that how this family eats normally? Just curious....
    thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3730253;
    IS there a possibility you are reading more into these different things than is really happening? .
    the nail just called to say it's been hit on the head

I must be in the minority when I think doula's and midwives and no OB present is a perfectly normal thing as well as homebirths...

Quote Originally Posted by njshopper;3730660;
    Hi, I have only seen a couple of episodes of the Duggar family and have a question - did Michelle serve her husband a can of stewed tomatoes for lunch? I watched her spoon them out of the can and then the next scene showed her husband talking of dieting and he was sitting in front of a plate of, what looked like the very same tomatoes that were straight from the can. Is that how this family eats normally? Just curious....
    thanks!
    I thought it was funny too. that was the day he had to go and sign up for weight watchers at Michelles request. I think the tomatoes were really a joke, although I have been know to just have tomatoes once in awhile.

No they do not normally eat that way. They eat like we all do.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Quote Originally Posted by Celestrial;3730656;
    They said directly on the show, her doctor went out of town. so she choose instead of going to another doctor she didn't know to have a home birth.
    Who knows maybe Anna met the other doctor its's hard to say. We saw 11 hours of labour in maybe 20 minutes of the show.
    And Thats how it works here in canada. For anything, if you doctors not on call, or not there. you get the first doctor available for you. that how it work in ontario for us.

But either way, there both safe and healthy as far as we know. So we don't we just stop all this prattle and disagreements and prejudices. Seriously if you dislike the way the lead there lives, and have problems with everything they do....DON'T WATCH THE SHOW!!!! Its simple as that cause all your doing is bringing up your own bad experiances about people you don't even know. Your stereotyping to what you think they are from your experiences.
    Not every large family is quiverful or dominance over women. Considering Jimbob says all the time he leaves how many children they have to Michelle. So unless she's raping him to have a truck load of kids, i don't see him doing it
    Thank you for this post. I agree that the Duggars and relatives are NOT being forced to do anything they don't want. Well Michelle may be "forcing" Jim Bob to go to Weight Watchers.. Actually I believe I heard him say that it was time for him to lose some weight and Michelle suggested he go to her Weight Watchers session with her and he agreed. I really wish there were many more families like this!
    Last edited by just1paul; 10-18-2009 at 06:58 PM.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

FORT Fogey

haha, there's a difference between "forcing" and REALLY forcing!!!

But I think that we have a right to discuss whatever aspects of the show we find interesting, and maybe if you don't like what we're talking about, take your own advice until the subject changes?

+ Reply to Thread