+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree242Likes

Thread: The Duggar Family

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Re: The Duggar Family

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3728562;
    And those women were racing to get in there! They weren't messin' around!
    Yeah, it looked pretty cut-throat, like those wedding dress sales!

FORT Newbie

I thought it was liek growing kids or something the store not exactly sure. i forget i thought i heard a name but could be wrong.

But yeah but baby stuff is alot of money, i remember my sister in law shopping she payed 400 for a crib when Lexi was born. So I can understand the whole going crazy for baby stuff thing. Even when you could go get a equal cute one from ikea for 200 lol...

Yep, it was called Growing Kids, and I don't blame the people for the lines: baby stuff is EXPENSIVE, and it's a way to get the stuff for a fraction of the price. Not to mention the economy being down, and the fact that baby stuff is one easy area that people can goad you into spending way more than you want...

That tuna/BBQ sandwich looked gross. Berk!
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

I think Esther is one of Anna's sisters too.

I was really surprised they showed the birth on TV, and so soon! She was just born a couple weeks ago. But I enjoyed it.

FORT Fogey

JustJuls-hi.

This is what makes me wonder what is really going on with this family--and why I think that there is a lot going on here that has nothing to do with the health and wellbeing of the people involved--

Especially the first-time mother and her baby--
    Quote Originally Posted by Trista;3727636;
    Not only that, but with the Duggars, you also have to take into account the modesty issue-it needs to be someone who you can be comfortable with. How I see it is that Anna trusted Dr. Sarver, partially due to the fact that she was the OB-GYN that Michelle has used for her last few deliveries. It's not easy to trust a doctor whom you have never used before, especially for the biggest moment in ones' life-so I can definitely see why she went the home birth route.
    It was also said above that Anna did NOT have a hospital birth with her OB in attendance because the 'Doctor was out of town."

Now there are two questions--

1) What OB "goes out of town" and does NOT arrange for coverage?
    (Answer--none.)

and

2) Why is it that Anna could ONLY go to the OB that her mother-in-law went to?

Did no one explain to her that if she arranged to have an OB with her--that it didn't matter which OB it was? That it was her safety and the safety of the baby that was important?

Why would she suddenly get an attack of "modesty" when she had already been seen to--and by--Michelle's OB?

What exactly is going on here?

Is there only ONE doctor that the Duggar women can go to and use? And why?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Celestrial;3727551;

What happened with Anna, is her doctor was out of town. She didn't feel comfortable with going to another doctor. she they had a friend who was a midwife/doula so they called her and asked if she would be willing to help them. And thats what happened, she was in labour for 11 and half hours i believe.
    JustJuls--this is the other post I was referring to above.

FORT Newbie

Doctors do go out of town, Maybe the doctor had a emergency or something. Things do happen to them aswell, and they don't always cover for you. Usually if your doctors out of town, you get the the first doctor that has a minute to see you.
    They probably choose Michelle's OB because they knew her or something or knew they felt comfortable with her. I don't really think it matters why they choose her. Michelle has other doctors with different pregnancies. Maybe they just like Sarvers
    And considering i refuse to have anyone but a woman for a doctor because i get to embarassed to talk about things of womanly nature. I can understand her modesty thing. I'm very shy and the last thing i like to do is ask for birthcontrol or questions to a male doctor let alone have someone i don't know look down there.

My doctor would take a month off a year and if you were sick or needed something to bad she was away to go on vacation somewhere.
    My sister in law for her due date the doctor actually looked at her calendar, then proceeded to say. "Good, I should still be here, my trip is two weeks after. Lets not hope your over due. "

When I had mine, if my doctor was going to be out of town, I was told that the doctor on call would be the one to deliver. That could be quite upsetting to a first-time mother!! I remember fretting ALOT about the modesty issues when I went into labor with my first child! If Anna wasn't comfortable with going into the hospital to have whatever male doctor who was on duty deliver her child, that is her choice. It is her delivery, her body, and her choice.

Another question I have is why wouldn't Anna go to Dr. Sarver? I think it would be more strange if she didn't!! She moved to this new state, is part of this family, and has this great OB/GYN recommended by her mother-in-law who has delivered several of her husband's siblings. Not going to her would be a very strange thing to do. The certified nurse midwife that I used for my two boys births was recommended to me by my friend. I had just moved to a new state, got pregnant, and asked my friend who lived there who she had used. She highly recommended this lady and I was very happy with her myself.

It all seems very normal to me.

maude~flanders-
    I agree.....everything on this show doesn't have some deep underlying motive behind it. When I had my kids, if my regular Dr. was gone...you got whoever was on call. If Anna wasn't comfortable with that arrangement(assuming on my own that is what the arrangement was) it would make total sense to have the baby in more comfortable surroundings. I don't think this show is about mind control. But maybe I haven't watched it enough and that is just my JMHO. I am sure others have differing ones.
    "Lucy...you got some splainin' to do." Ricky Ricardo

+ Reply to Thread