+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree345Likes

Thread: The Duggar Family

FORT Fogey

Re: The Duggar Family

I think the very fact that she was with an OB/GYN and changed her mind at the last minute to a mid-wife and a doula shows that she was making the choice that was most comfortable to her, and also that she had done all the things a mother should do to make sure her baby arrives healthy.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3727754[B
    ;]Why do you think women are forced to have their babies at home?[/B] My mother certainly wasn't. Neither was my sister. And neither will I.

Midwives are highly skilled professionals and if you need to get to the hospital....you will do so. Just because you have your baby at home doesn't mean you aren't getting the required care.
    My posts are about the people presented to viewers on the program "The Duggars"--not about anyone else.

______________________________ _____________________

As I said above--I' ve worked in hospitals and morgues and the biggest danger to newborns and to mothers immediately post-delivery are not infections but immediate crises like the neonate having cardiac problems or the mother having uterine hemorrhaging.

These are the most immediate crises and the most difficult to reverse in non-hospital settings.

And most OBs do not recommend home delivery for first labor/deliveries because they do not know what to expect because there is no previous history.

Newborns do die--and so do mothers--regardless of how much the 19th century lifestyle of this family is romanticized.

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3728202;
    My posts are about the people presented to viewers on the program "The Duggars"--not about anyone else.

______________________________ _____________________

As I said above--I' ve worked in hospitals and morgues and the biggest danger to newborns and to mothers immediately post-delivery are not infections but immediate crises like the neonate having cardiac problems or the mother having uterine hemorrhaging.

These are the most immediate crises and the most difficult to reverse in non-hospital settings.

And most OBs do not recommend home delivery for first labor/deliveries because they do not know what to expect because there is no previous history.

Newborns do die--and so do mothers--regardless of how much the 19th century lifestyle of this family is romanticized.
    Ok, well then lets talk about the women on the show. Anna had a baby at home that is doing great.

I was wondering why you thought she was forced to do it? I didn't see that at all.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

FORT Fogey

JustJuls--Hi. I appreciate your response to my post.

I would like to discuss this further and answer the questions youv'e just asked.

I'm very tired now and don't want to make the mistake of posting and inadvertently upsetting or insulting someone--anyone--when I have no intention to do that.

This is my longwinded way of saying I'll answer your Qs tomorrow.

Have a good night.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Can we go back to discussing the show? I think it's been pretty much established that Anna made her own decision regarding the location of having her child. That is the only thing relevant to this thread.

Whether everyone is for or against home births is irrelevant.

Thanks!

I thought the show featuring the birth of the newest Duggar was very well done. Kudos to everyone involved. I especially loved it at the end when even the film crew had the opportunity to hold the new baby and join in the feeling of family. Welcome to the world Baby Mackynzie! What a great family!
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

FORT Newbie

Yeah that was adorable lol.
    And the baby shower lol, that was awesome, chocolate diapers gross but funny and Cousin Amy, always so stylish lol. Even Anna's sisters were stylish yet modest all still wore skirts but has little more daring necklines.

Welcome to the world Baby Mackynzie, probably the most well see of her in the long run. Josh and Anna seem to like to keep their life pretty private i find other then a few pop ups here and there.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I finally watched my taped episode and had a few things that stuck out to me:

Michelle joked that she hoped Josh and Anna would swing by and pick them up on the way to the hospital when she was in labor so they could be there. Obviously, the plan was for Anna to deliver in a hospital. I'm sure it was the same one as Michelle, since Anna was using Michelle's doctor.

Jim Bob's tuna and bbq sauce sandwich is liked by 16 of the 20 Duggars. Yuck! I would be one of the four!

The Duggar girls are very opinionated and strong. I see no weak little "yes men" or "yes girls" there! You could see it when Jill was giving instructions to Jim Bob when they were leaving and when the girls were helping Anna and Michelle pick out baby items.

What kind of consignment store was that? I can't believe the amount of people lined up to get in! They had soccer chairs and ice chests in the line. There is nothing like that around where I live!

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;3728516;
    Jim Bob's tuna and bbq sauce sandwich is liked by 16 of the 20 Duggars. Yuck! I would be one of the four!

What kind of consignment store was that? I can't believe the amount of people lined up to get in! They had soccer chairs and ice chests in the line. There is nothing like that around where I live!
    I know I want to visit that store!! Wowsa!

Add me to the one of four and I like tuna.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;3728516;
    And those women were racing to get in there! They weren't messin' around!
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

+ Reply to Thread