+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 226 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast
Like Tree312Likes

Thread: The Duggar Family

Re: The Duggar Family

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3236304;
    I just wonder what she does all day. The kids seem to do all the cleaning and the home maintenance AND they look after each other. I guess she just sits back with the latest baby and watches.
    She coos and makes goo-goo eyes at Jim Bob and the baby.
    CYA

I saw two episodes of this show so far. Wow. I can't believe they gave all their kids J names. Weird. the mom's tone is creepy. Their home is amazing though.

I wonder if #18 will be her last isn't she like 45.

I have met women who have had children well into their 50's. Granted, the risks involved are greater with age, but I guess I wouldn't know what they would do if it came to the point of risking the health of the mother and/or child.

After watching the episode again when the Bates family visits the Duggars I had to laugh at a couple of things.

1. Jim Bob's dad is still in a little shock at the fact that his son has 17 children. He wants them to stop at 18, lol.
    2. Despite trying to hide it, the cousin (Amy I think is her name) is sometimes majorly uncomfortable around them, lol.

Amy was great. She was cracking me up. She seems almost normal.

FORT Newbie

I just wanted to clear the air about my comments on the Duggars. I am not here to tell people how they should live their lives or raise the children. I am just seriously concerned about many of he situations that have arisen with fundamentalist families and the conditions in which these people live. I am not speaking out of ignorance, I have accumulated quie a bit of knowledge on this matter and am simply sharing information. Food for Thought....

1) I am not sure whether or not the Duggars are technically Baptist. I know that Josh and Anna were married in a Baptist church, but it is also a fact that the Duggars run their own 'church' with a congregation of about 100 that is connected to their house(tax deductions). From my understanding, a family can follow Gothard beliefs regardless of their particular Christion denomination.

2) They may not really be as happy as they seem. To quote a statement from someone who grew up in a Gothard family, I might be able o shed some light on the appearance of 'happiness'...

"I have a really hard time watching this show because I was raised in the Gothard belief system. The big thing that is taught is that no matter what happens you MUST act happy and not show your feelings. At least not out in public anyway. I spent 8 weeks at a Gothard training center with a girl that is a member of one of these "perfect" families. They were all so happy and polite and looked so well-adjusted that I was shocked when she started to open up and say what was really going on behind the scenes. She and most of her siblings were miserable, but had learned to hide their emotions so well that it was easy for them to fake being the perfect family.

I don't know the Duggars personally, so I can't say that their children aren't really happy, well-adjusted people, but I have seen way too many Gothard families where the happy children really hated their lives. The emotional stress that is placed on children at an extremely young age to never show true emotion and always look happy (well the term that is used is energy giver) is horrible, and no I don't think that it is right to raise children that way even if they do turn out okay in the end."

3) If people want to live their lives in what is essetially a secluded family, basically arranged marriages and making babies until their body gives out, that is their choice. I just hink it is sad that the children are 'brainwashed' (for lack of a better word a the moment) into thinking ojectively that this IS the way to live and that this IS true happiness.

I assume that at least one of them will rebel and it will be ineresting to read their stories....

All children are "brainwashed" by their family to believe certain things. Just because these children believe something different than I did or do now does not give me the right to judge them.

Just saw this article today...

Sure, Angelina Jolie has her hands full raising six children. But she's got nothing on Michelle Duggar: she and husband Jim Bob are about to welcome their 18th child and they're inviting viewers to watch.

The Tontitown, Ark., family, whose show 17 Kids and Counting airs on TLC, are inviting the network's cameras to capture their next child's grand entrance in January.

Michelle and Jim Bob, who are part of the evangelical Christian movement called Quiverful, currently have seven girls and 10 boys and plan to continue to expand their family.

"Our goal is for each one of our children to be best friends," Jim Bob told the Associated Press. "And everybody working together to serve each other makes that happen."
    Watch the Duggars Welcome Baby No. 18 on TV! - Babies : People.com

If that means what i think it means I guess I'm a little surprised

I just can't see Mama Dugger with a camera on her private parts for the world to see or are her children delivered by caesarean section?
    If Jimmy cracks corn and no one cares... why is there a song about him?

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

well considering she was completely covered up when they did the ultrasound, i highly doubt the camera will be showing any of the birth either ... they'll probably just be 'present' like the rest of the kids ... in the room, but not seeing anything.

+ Reply to Thread