+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Locator

The Locator

Has anyone seen this show? What does anyone think of it? It's on WE and I just saw two episodes last week.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

Re: The Locator

I watched one (the guy who found his brother who had 2 siblings pass away from Diabetes). I cried my eyes out. I have a couple on the DVR to watch. I really like it - my friend turned me on to it when I called her and SHE was crying her eyes out.

I, too, was crying. Yet I had so many questions. I also was interested in the reactions of the people who found out they had a sibling. Loved the episode with Brock who had a half-brother who didn't want to be an only child. The nephew was adorable!
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

The mom of the twins that "adoption" so seems like it was somewhat shady.

I got the feeling that the adoptive mom knew it was shady but didn't care. The mom was young, possibly naive, and even threatened by the father. There were too many holes in the story. Yet the boys seemed to want to know her and there was some happiness. I was bothered by the story from the people in Austin, Texas. Had anyone seen that episode?

I thought both the "Twin" story and the episode with the girl form Arizona who met her "now well-off" mom in Texas were shady. The Twin story never did explain why if the Mom felt threatened, why she did not take her sons with her. That's probably a questions the boys are wondering. And if she knew they were gone, she was over majority age at that time, why didn't she fill out a police report? HMMMM?

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDiva;3202118;
    I thought both the "Twin" story and the episode with the girl form Arizona who met her "now well-off" mom in Texas were shady. The Twin story never did explain why if the Mom felt threatened, why she did not take her sons with her. That's probably a questions the boys are wondering. And if she knew they were gone, she was over majority age at that time, why didn't she fill out a police report? HMMMM?
    I'd be curious to find out how many of the people being "located" really do not want any part of the show. They should cover some of these also besides the ones who really want to meet their kids, siblings, etc.

My Aunt and Uncle couldn't have kids and so later in life they adopted a little boy. As an adult after their death he was "found" by his siblings (he had 11 brothers and sisters) who filled him in on his "Parents" who apparently made having kids a business. They'd find older people who were past the age of adopting legally and for a "fee" make one of their kids available. So Keith's (not his real name) image of his real parents AND his adopted parents were destroyed all in one fell swoop. And to make matters worse, within a month, two of his newly found brothers had asked if he could lend them some money. Another of my cousins told me that he had to get a lawyer and go to court to keep them from harrassing him and his wife (Ironically they can't have children but have NEVER considered adopting. This made me think that not all of these "locations" can have ended happily. I think the show would be much more interesting if it didn't always have "happy endings". Show it like it is.

What you are saying is scary for us as a couple. We keep thinking the same thing about what is happening to your cousin. We want to adopt, but think of the results because of a personal situation. My husband was"adopted" twice. His bio Dad's "adopted " children think he's looking for money when he wants answers about the medical history of his bio family. It's complicated, but I understand that there are two sides. That's why we have such an interest in this show.

+ Reply to Thread