+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Lame Recap of Celebrity Boot Camp

Dont wanna be fatesealed! meeka6's Avatar

Lamas was NOT on Knots Landing, it was Falcon Crest

Okay, I dont know how many of you people were even paying attention to the celebrity intros but NOWHERE did it say Lorenzo Lamas was on Knots Landing. That was a CBS prime time show yes, it ran at the 10p eastern timeslot Thursday nights. However, he was on Falcon Crest FRIDAY nights, same time, same channel. Sorry to sound so anal, but c'mon folks, they TOLD you it was Falcon Crest during his intro.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Cali, I said it before and I'll say it again...
    You deserve some sort of medal for this!

I find it false advertising that they could call this Celebrity anything. More like "B-List Boot Camp."
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

I thought of you though Bravo, as BRAVO team kicked butt in the one mission
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Oh no! I hope nobody mistakenly thinks my user name has anything to do with this show!

Looks like I need to start up another Combat Missions publicity tour just to make sure
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Terrific recap!!!!!!!!!!!
    I only watched the show on tape last evening so I stayed away from this thread yesterday.

A couple of comments.

As to the DI's treating the QC harshly...This is a stance they took after they were no longer allowed to be physical with recruits. I went thru basic in the early 70s..and was beaten with tree branches, cold cocked etc...then with the all volunteer forces they tied the hands of the DI's. So, they developed more of an "in your face" technique. Yea the DI's screamed at us...but it wasn't nose to nose ALL THE TIME back in the 70s. Not sure which is worse.

Bingham. Not only should she have been eliminated after "singing like a bird" the DI's should have made MUCH more of a "deal" about that. Disgusting.

Coolio. didn't like his attitude from the start, but he grew on me as time went on. Like Lamas said.."I'd want him at my shoulder too".

Faustino. Kid has a lot of heart. In the final 4 I noticed that Bingham, Lamas and Coolio were able to get their hands fully around the bar to begin their hang. Faustino could barely reach the bar due to his height and only managed to wrap his fingers over the top. I knew than he wasn't going to last and I wondered why he didn't try and get a better grip.

Kato. LMAO Okay .. when they were standing in formation Kato was next to Coolio when Coolio told the DIs his reason why he shouldn't be dismissed. He said:
    "BECAUSE I AM A KILLER SIR"

Did it occur to anyone else how close Kato always seems to be to black killers?...ba da dum. ..

Lamas. I thought he would have made it to the end. He's strong, seems smart and was dependable. His little twitch on the bar to gain a better grip cost him big time.

These (at least the males) DIs were the same ones they used for "BOOT CAMP" last year.

Again, good recap Cali!

All in all, it was a good show.

FORT Newbie

Re: Lamas was NOT on Knots Landing, it was Falcon Crest

Originally posted by meeka6
    Okay, I dont know how many of you people were even paying attention to the celebrity intros but NOWHERE did it say Lorenzo Lamas was on Knots Landing. That was a CBS prime time show yes, it ran at the 10p eastern timeslot Thursday nights. However, he was on Falcon Crest FRIDAY nights, same time, same channel. Sorry to sound so anal, but c'mon folks, they TOLD you it was Falcon Crest during his intro.

Welcome to Lorenzo's publicist! LOL... but seriously, I was the one that made the error. Not being a fan of the genre, they all blurred together to me. By the way, wondering whatever happened to that nighttime soap genre... will it come back? Seems that people today are more interested in occupational dramas... ER, CSI, Law and Order...

OMG Perc, I don't believe I didn't get somehting about Katos "look" when Coolio made that comment into my recap! That was FUNNY

Loved your observations

Re: Re: Lamas was NOT on Knots Landing, it was Falcon Crest

Originally posted by TampaDan
    Welcome to Lorenzo's publicist! ...

Yes, I too never watched the night time soaps... sorry for the confussion there!

FORT Newbie
    Originally posted by Perc
    Terrific recap!!!!!!!!!!!
    Bingham. Not only should she have been eliminated after "singing like a bird" the DI's should have made MUCH more of a "deal" about that. Disgusting.
    I agree with you about Bingham -- her singing like a bird should have been her undoing -- BUT .... in order to condense 4 days of boot camp into a two hour show, they left out a lot that might have explained why the DI's felt she deserved to remain. Because of that, I gave the DI's the benefit of the doubt. I was surprised to see Barry Williams kicked off at that point, he seemed like a solid recruit... but then again, who knows what was happening off camera.

good points Tampa. Editing is something that needs to be kept in mind on all the reality shows. I just wish they had SHOWN some thing that would have made me think she deserved to saty.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast