+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Lame Recap of Celebrity Boot Camp

FORT Newbie
    Thanks everyone for the welcome!

A few comments about Lorenzo Lamas --- Did anyone else think it was funny when he said at the opening party, "I've been a celebrity for so long -- I've had such an easy life." I don't think of him in terms of being a celebrity -- but I guess if I watched Knots Landing or Renegades I'd feel differently.

Also, someone mentioned they'd like to see more of him. He was on Fox just last week in Celebrity Daredevils. He jumped over 12 cars on his motorcycle. Him and Barry Williams (recently on Fear Factor) are really working on their visibility!

I was never a Knots Landing watcher. We did used to watch Renegade though. I never particularly liked him in that! I liked his indian buddy

That was pretty funny in the beginning when he made that comment, I though... "what are you talking about?"

Some of the semi celebrities are killin' me with what they will do to get their 15 mins back. Although I did miss the daredevils one and I'm usually a sucker for celebrity anything, that one just didn't interest me. If I were a celebrity I'd jump on the chance to do a lot of these game shows

edited to add:
    When does it become a "joke" that a celeb keeps showing up on shows though? Barry was on last night, he did Fear Factor and Celebrity Boxing.
    Coolio has done Fear factor too ... Big winner then also!
    Kato was on Dog eat Dog and then again last night.... hmmmmmmmm.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

TampaDan and Welcome!
    I wanted to when Lamas made that lame comment about being a celebrity for so long. Hello? You are a has-been now.
    I did, however, thought he was one of the best "recruits" along with Coolio and Faustino.

Oh, I forgot! Great job, Cali! Better you than me.

LG.
    Wasn't Lamas' father an actor or something like that? Celebrity offspring often grow up in the limelight. I dunno, maybe I'm confusing him with somebody else.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

No your not. I remember my sis in law saying something about his dad being "hot". I'll see what I can find........

edited to add:
    From Blockbuster
    Fernando Lamas

Billy Crystal notwithstanding, Argentine actor Fernando Lamas did not spend his entire career saying "You...look...MAHHHHvelous". A well-established film star in his native Buenos Aires, Lamas was brought to Hollywood in 1950 with an MGM contract. He went on to play several variations on the standard "Latin Lover" type, with occasional opportunities to display his well-trained singing voice. Beginning with the 1961 Spanish film The Magic Fountain, Lamas entered a whole new phase of his career as a director. In this respect, he was busiest on television, directing episodes of such series as Mannix, Alias Smith and Jones, Gavilan, and Falcon Crest. This last-named series starred Lorenzo Lamas, the son of Fernando and his third wife Arlene Dahl. At the time of his death, Fernando Lamas was married to wife number four, aquatic film star Esther Williams. ~ Hal Erickson, All Movie Guide
    now I'm off to find a pic

Found it:

I found the picture at
    IMDP.com
    Last edited by cali; 10-01-2002 at 03:09 PM.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

LG.
    Ah, he looked Maaaavelous, and I'm not insane. Thanks for posting Cali.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

He looks quite a bit like Oscar - just to the right of him

TampaDan, welcome!

I'm getting kind of sick of Barry Williams showing up everywhere, myself. Even though I liked the Brady Bunch. I like the fact that David Faustino rarely appears anywhere, and has pretty much gone on with his life post-fame. He's around once in a great while.

I think Barry is soo desperate to try to regain his "fame" we will be seeing him on everything he can weasel onto for a while.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie!'...till you can find a rock.

barry williams was in dallas doing something like a pizza hut grand opening or something recently. and he's CONSTANTLY on "the edge" morning radio show.

re: baby lamas... the non oscar lookalike... (very funny btw, john!) i never watched anything he was on, so in my mind he is not a has been, but rather, a never was.

i did like faustino last night. he had a lot of heart. i felt bad bad for him when he fell off the dead hang.

p.s. tampadan!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast