+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Cho Show (Margaret Cho)

Re: The Cho Show (Margaret Cho)

Quote Originally Posted by PaleHeart;3182492;
    I like it too but i dont know if the midget is a gimmick just for the show or is she really part of the "team".

But i like Cho, so i will continue to watch.
    There is a discussion on another thread regarding the "m" word, it's sort of a derogatory term in the little people world. Dwarf or little person is more appropriate. Seems to be a trend among female comedians to have a little person as a "sidekick".

Anyone else get the impression that Margaret has brought her parents on to get ratings ala "Kathy Griffin?"

I got that feeling too, I think this show is trying too much to try and be like Kathy's show, but I still like it.

im glad this show just bluntly stated that it was scripted, cause after the camping episode, its obvious it was lol

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess;3190640;
    I got that feeling too, I think this show is trying too much to try and be like Kathy's show, but I still like it.

im glad this show just bluntly stated that it was scripted, cause after the camping episode, its obvious it was lol
    She and Kathy are friends, so she might have been inspired that way.

I love Margaret, but I haven't seen an episode of this show yet! I'm going to have to make an effort this weekend. The premiere is available free at iTunes for a limited time, the rest cost $1.99 each...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

I'm really hating the direction these reality shows are taking. Apparently the creators think straight-up documentary style won't hold people's attention so they've got to pile on a bunch of phony events that would never happen in real life. Seriously, why? It's like Chicken McNuggets ... you take something that's naturally tasty, then grind it up into a flavorless paste, dip it in flour, deep-fry it, then pretend it's somehow better than actual chicken!

Margaret Cho is entertaining on her own ... she doesn't need to invent a life for the cameras.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by candor;3191816;
    Margaret Cho is entertaining on her own ... she doesn't need to invent a life for the cameras.
    I was thinking that the reason she included all the scripted stuff is so that she can keep parts of her private life private still. For instance, her husband isn't on this show because, as she has said, she'd like to remain married. The concept works for me.

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

I agree, LoisLane - i am tired of watching shows claiming to be reality but are scripted. it's nice to watch a show that is parodying that. the stuff that she does, i think it is supposed to be over the top and implausible, that's why it is funny.

i mean really, who decides to go green and take a luxurious vacation to do that?
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar

I love this show, Margaret takes such a tongue in cheek approach to reality tv. Selene is hilarious (but a little anorexic looking), and I think Charlie is adorable.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

I just saw a chunk of this show - Margaret was in the woods 15 minutes out of the city trying to have a Little House On The Prairie experience when they ran into Gary Busey, who gave her weird tips on how to survive out there. LOL. It was kinda funny, but more weird than anything else. Maybe I had to watch the entire episode, I don't know.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12