+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: America's Toughest Jobs

Re: America's Toughest Jobs

OK I watched the show last night and I don't think Monster Truck driver ranks in the "America's Toughest Job" category. Yeah, replacing the big tires on a jack might be tough, but I think replacing a tire on one of the mining vehicles is tougher.

I realize they need to have some entertainment factor but this did not seem to be a tough job.

The trucker episode had me on the edge of my seat almost, I was so nervous watching them!
    And that is so cool that Phil went to work for them in 'real life'!

The gold mining episode was boring IMO, but the monster truck one was fun to watch. And I really liked the owner of Grave Digger, Dennis Anderson, he was both a tough guy, and also funny!

I love this show.

It's amazing how consistently the women are outperforming the men on this show, particularly Michaela (who seems to be miles gutsier, smarter and less complaining than the rest of them, of either gender).

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

This is now one of my favorite shows. I pretty much gave up on reality tv after a virtual overdose on contestants who were wanna-be movie starlets or has-been entertainers. This show is sooo refreshing. Hardworking REAL people doing REAL hard work. I love it.

Who is John Galt?

Interesting show. I am not surprised the women are doing so well. Women have always had to work harder to get ahead to compensate for lack of physical strength, endurance, and bias against women performing "mens" work (which used to include everything other than being a wife, nurse, secretary or teacher). Of course, this mind set does not apply to all women as we saw by the first one booted.

I love this show. This is the only reality show my husband will really watch. I missed the monster truck ep & the truck driving ep. I can't remember anybody's name, but the girl who got injured during the rodeo clown job, she's amazing. I'm glad that she realized in the logging ep that she got too cocky. It's like being the parent of a baby/toddler, you can't let your guard down for a second.

I thought I heard that they are moving the show to Saturday nights? Did anyone else hear that? Not good.

Yeah it won't be on this Friday night; it has been moved to Saturday night starting this week. Originally, it aired on Monday night so this is the third changeup since it started!

The only reason Sandy is doing well is that she whines better than anyone. It's always someone else's fault. The latest was the silliest. She's not doing well because Steven has longer legs than she does. And when at the end she beats the Korean martial artist, she makes a fool of herself rolling around and screaming. She's just a real joke. Now Michelle is a class act. She does her job and gets on with it.

Premium Member

I definitely want Micheala to win this, if not her then Steven. In other words anyone but Sandy, can't stand her.

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3220060;
    I definitely want Micheala to win this, if not her then Steven. In other words anyone but Sandy, can't stand her.
    I've noticed how well Michaela's been doing from the start, and what a great attitude (especially on this Mount McKinley job). I keep telling myself "the show is editted", but still...

I couldn't believe how hard this job was, and one of the lowest paid. $15K. H-E-double-L-ish hiking, high altitude, cold, heavy packs, and danger.

Like many of the other jobs, I find it hard to believe that these novices are put into such dangerous situations. Maybe behind the scenes, things are being done to make it safer, yet make it look devastatingly dangerous (I hope)?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast