+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Glam God

Glam God

This is a new competition show on VH1 for stylists. Anyone watching?

Re: Glam God

I've never heard of it. When is it on?

I watched it and thought it was a bit dull & that the drama & tension felt a bit forced.

But, I think it has potential.

This show could be fabulous if it were lucky enough to be produced by Bravo. It's obvious that the production budget is much smaller than what is spent by Bravo for it's style competition shows.

The first challenge is a group one using a Vera Wang dress, something I think should have been done later once there were less people.

You just know that they probably spent around $2,000 on those dresses, I'm estimating by what one of the stylist quoted as a price range.

I felt like they should have used inexpensive items from retail stores and the closer they get to the finale the more high end and expensive the clothes could become.

I think a group project prevented us from seeing each person's individual style and two people went home without us the audience seeing what their real talent was.

Overall, this show wants to be a Bravo type show on the cheap, while still adding white trash/ghetto elements that are typical VH1.

Again, has potential, especially with Philiph Bloch as one of the judges.

I think I'll be watching.

This show is dull but it has potential. I kinda love the trainwreck value of low budget shows. Reminds me of Love Cruise when they had plastic lawn chairs for the jury to sit on and scotch tape to hold up the photos of the roommates. <3

Tigerlilly is one of the few people that is going to hold this season together. I fricking love her.

Quote Originally Posted by hott4hill;3177460;
    I kinda love the trainwreck value of low budget shows.
    Yeah, but they could have gotten better hair and makeup for the host, lol. Vivica looked more like a drag queen than Kathy Griffin does. I don't think her comments are anywhere near on par with the hosts/mentors of the top shows.

Still, who doesn't love dressing people up? It's like playing Barbies with (somewhat) real people. There is a built-in audience identification of "I could do better than that!" in contrast to shows like Top Chef, Project Runway, and even Shear Genius, where I am in awe of the contestants' skills and of how much training and work they had to put into their profession to make themselves challenge-ready.

That orange dress she worse for the first show was awful, especially with the way they had her hair.

I watched it on the Web and skipped over several parts. But I'll probably check it out again.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;3181937;
    Yeah, but they could have gotten better hair and makeup for the host, lol. Vivica looked more like a drag queen than Kathy Griffin does. I don't think her comments are anywhere near on par with the hosts/mentors of the top shows.

Still, who doesn't love dressing people up? It's like playing Barbies with (somewhat) real people. There is a built-in audience identification of "I could do better than that!" in contrast to shows like Top Chef, Project Runway, and even Shear Genius, where I am in awe of the contestants' skills and of how much training and work they had to put into their profession to make themselves challenge-ready.
    I just caught the last one and I agree with everything you said. I will continue to watch for this reason.

What was that stylist thinking that put the plum fabric over the beads? That was so odd. If you don't like the beads, don't buy the damn dress.

My tivo cut out just before the elimination. Can someone please tell me who was booted. It was between the team with the raspberry hooker dress and a plain black dress.

FORT Fogey

Vivica Fox. Oh boy. What a cheap little Miss Thing she is! She could use a good stylist, for starters. She lapses into ghetto talk from time to time and could use some coaching on how to be a good host, as well. Apparently she thinks it funny or entertaining.

Low budget and pure cheeze but with the advent of Tivo, all is well.

The stylist, Jess, is often on "How do I look". She and her teammates are the only contenders for the win, that I see.

The alcoholic stylist will provide some much needed drama, since the fashion aspect is sadly lacking; they have little else.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3185888;
    I just caught the last one and I agree with everything you said. I will continue to watch for this reason.

What was that stylist thinking that put the plum fabric over the beads? That was so odd. If you don't like the beads, don't buy the damn dress.

My tivo cut out just before the elimination. Can someone please tell me who was booted. It was between the team with the raspberry hooker dress and a plain black dress.
    Black dress lost. I can't remember her name, but the one who put the fabric over the beads went home.

FORT Newbie

I forget who it is at this time,but a sponsor liked the concept of the show enough to offer a $100,000- 1st Prize.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast