+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Glam God

FORT Fogey

Re: Glam God

Vivica Fox is obnoxious and a lousy host. She looks like a street walker. I know this show is cheezy but really, she is extreme even for trash.

These challenges are odd. They buy cheap, off the rack clothes, chew them up a bit and accessorize them from Claires Boutique?

Certainly they could do better, no?

The ep I watched could not have been real. The guy who got eliminated whose alter ego was Jackie Blue or something like that. He HAD to be a paid actor. And his partner who was sobbing and was supposed to go home but they let stay because "Jackie Blue" was drunk during a challenge and was drinking on the job and such? Yikes. Tiger Lilly and her partner seemed to be the only realistic ones.

And V dresses pretty bad on a show that is supposed to be about finding a top stylist.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;3197088;
    The ep I watched could not have been real. The guy who got eliminated whose alter ego was Jackie Blue or something like that. He HAD to be a paid actor. And his partner who was sobbing and was supposed to go home but they let stay because "Jackie Blue" was drunk during a challenge and was drinking on the job and such? Yikes. Tiger Lilly and her partner seemed to be the only realistic ones.

And V dresses pretty bad on a show that is supposed to be about finding a top stylist.

The fact that the judges or production did not boot him after his first drunken styling is proof this guy was a plant. He is either a normal guy who played the part or an outrageous character that someone on staff recruited. Either way he did not consume as much alchohol as we saw. He would not make it through the day without passing out.

The name Vivica Fox is familiar but I have no clue where she came from. Very tacky woman.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3197070;
    Vivica Fox is obnoxious and a lousy host. She looks like a street walker. I know this show is cheezy but really, she is extreme even for trash.

These challenges are odd. They buy cheap, off the rack clothes, chew them up a bit and accessorize them from Claires Boutique?

Certainly they could do better, no?
    Actually they accessorize with Bluefly (same as Project Runway) and use Stila and Charles Worthington, which is basically on par with Tresemme (Project Runway) both can be found in drugstores and discount stores.

Plus, depending on who you are (Halle Berry's stylest is gonna' get Posen or Versace) but someone on a daytime soap, whomever their stylist is gonna' get off the rack.

A good stylist should be able to make it work no matter where the clothes are purchased.

As for Fox, I agree she's badly styled-everything is very costumed. I agree she should tone down the ghetto-fabulousness a touch.

Adnan Ghalib-Fabulous!!!
    "Whatever you think you can do or believe you can do, begin it. Action has magic, power and grace in it."-Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3197399;
    The fact that the judges or production did not boot him after his first drunken styling is proof this guy was a plant. He is either a normal guy who played the part or an outrageous character that someone on staff recruited. Either way he did not consume as much alchohol as we saw. He would not make it through the day without passing out.

The name Vivica Fox is familiar but I have no clue where she came from. Very tacky woman.

She was in "Kill Bill" (played Vernita Green) and"Ella Enchanted" (Lucinda). Lots of TV credits, too. "Curb Your Enthusiasm" "The Parkers" "Kim Possible A Sitch in Time" "Alias" and so on.

Not that I've followed her career. I just looked her up on imdb.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;3197682;
    She was in "Kill Bill" (played Vernita Green) and"Ella Enchanted" (Lucinda). Lots of TV credits, too. "Curb Your Enthusiasm" "The Parkers" "Kim Possible A Sitch in Time" "Alias" and so on.

Not that I've followed her career. I just looked her up on imdb.
    Thanks. I was too lazy to do that, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3197706;
    Thanks. I was too lazy to do that, apparently.
    I'm obsessive that way. Sometimes my neighbor just throws something out, knowing my hubby or I will google it the minute we get our hands on a computer. Journalists are weird that way.

Your welcome. Your not lazy, just smart knowing someone will want to show how "smart" they are!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;3197740;
    I'm obsessive that way. Sometimes my neighbor just throws something out, knowing my hubby or I will google it the minute we get our hands on a computer. Journalists are weird that way.

Your welcome. Your not lazy, just smart knowing someone will want to show how "smart" they are!

I am the same way. I am the first to zip over and google something that comes up in a conversation. I guess Vivica did not inspire me to do so. So you win!

I finally saw this.

I thought it was awful. The worst kind of ANTM/Project Runway/Top Whatever rip-off possible.

I mean when someone has to stoop to aping Tyra Banks, without even Tyra's somewhat dubious charm, that's low. Ms. "Hasn't Been A. Fox for a long long time if ever" is really a sad sad case.

And while there may be a few "stylists" out there who probably deserve their pay, overall its not a profession like Chef, or Interior Designer, or Clothing Designer, where you can make what they do all that interesting in a competition. As jobs people want to follow as viewers, and feel vested in watching a "creative process", it just doesn't measure up, I think.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3198178;
    I finally saw this.

I thought it was awful. The worst kind of ANTM/Project Runway/Top Whatever rip-off possible.

I mean when someone has to stoop to aping Tyra Banks, without even Tyra's somewhat dubious charm, that's low. Ms. "Hasn't Been A. Fox for a long long time if ever" is really a sad sad case.

And while there may be a few "stylists" out there who probably deserve their pay, overall its not a profession like Chef, or Interior Designer, or Clothing Designer, where you can make what they do all that interesting in a competition. As jobs people want to follow as viewers, and feel vested in watching a "creative process", it just doesn't measure up, I think.
    I agree. If they were to consider making this show interesting, start with a bigger budget so they could mimic what stylists really do. High end stylists do not shop at Target and remake the dress with scissors, pins and fabric remnants. I doubt this will see another season.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast