+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 31 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Tabatha Takes Over (Bravo)

Tabatha Takes Over (Bravo)

Premieres tonight at 10 ET!
    About the Show (from Bravo's website)

The straight-talking, perfectly coifed Tabatha Coffey lends her sound advice and styling expertise to help desperate salon owners turn their struggling businesses around in the new Bravo series, Tabatha's Salon Takeover. Tabatha's Takeover will follow Coffey, the charismatic former Shear Genius contestant and Australian native, as she visits struggling salons in the Los Angeles and New York areas and literally takes over the establishments to whip them into shape. Coffey brings her no-nonsense approach to the salon owners and stylists, all teetering on the verge of collapse and in dire need of her skilled business direction. With just a week to work her magic, can she put these salons back on their feet or is it time for the shops to put up the closed sign for good?
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

Re: Tabatha's Salon Takeover (Bravo)

thanks for the reminder! i have a huuuuge crush on Tabitha and so want to watch this. I am thinking Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares salon style....
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

I thought sure that I was going to hate this show!!! When T was a contestant on Shear Genius, she was a truly despicable person, evil to the core. What she did to that poor little Texas Gay Boy is horrendous. However, I really liked this show. I was amazed that she gave her advise with a modicum of compassion, and I was amazed that she knew as much about the industry as she obviously does. In just one week, she really whipped that "Beauty Parlor" into shape. Three cheers for Tabitha.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

This show totally sucked me in tonight. I'm going to have to make a point to watch it from here on. It is a bit like Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares, but I don't care after this episode. Tabs was nicer than I thought she'd be, especially to the salon receptionist guy (who she wanted to be the manager and whose name escapes me). The length of that salon's rulebook was insane!

I loved her on this show. I didn't see her on Shear Genius. But she was spot on for everything. And that bar. Wine and coffee? So nice. And you could tell the way that one guy just held his tools that he was the best hair dresser on the floor.

I'll watch next week. And I normally don't say that about shows. I normally just read about them on-line.

I love her eyes, btw. She is edgy. I'd let her cut my hair.

Just what I didn't need....yet another show that grabs my interest and pulls me in! I think I'm in need of professional help, lol.
    Love lives forever <3

Quote Originally Posted by ChristoferHawke;3172725;
    I thought sure that I was going to hate this show!!! When T was a contestant on Shear Genius, she was a truly despicable person, evil to the core. What she did to that poor little Texas Gay Boy is horrendous. However, I really liked this show. I was amazed that she gave her advise with a modicum of compassion, and I was amazed that she knew as much about the industry as she obviously does. In just one week, she really whipped that "Beauty Parlor" into shape. Three cheers for Tabitha.
    I couldn't stand her on Shear Genius and it didn't help either that she looked like an alien (from space). I was shocked that they gave her here own show and I wasn't going to watch it!!!!!! One word.....HOOKED.!!! Hair salons everywhere should be required to watch it! Now refresh my memory. What did she do to the gay Texas boy? I can't remember.

I think I actually enjoyed this more than Shear Genius (especially this season)! Hooked, for sure.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;3173187;
    What did she do to the gay Texas boy? I can't remember.

I'd like to know too. I don't remember any Texas guys on her season.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Loved the show. I expected her to be as harsh as she was on Shear Genius but I think we get a broader view of her on this show since she isn't the designated villian on this one. I must say I found her rather harsh on Shear Genius but for some reason I didn't hate her on that show. I just saw her as no nonsense, which this show confirms.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 31 1234567891011 ... LastLast