+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Tabatha Takes Over (Bravo)

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Re: Tabatha's Salon Takeover (Bravo)

Her website's lame.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Fanatic

Thank you - and that was fast too! Ridgewood, NJ is a very monied town.

I had been wondering where her salon is and the name of it. It's certainly not one of the well known, big-reputation salons in NJ. Which is not to say that it's not a great place, I just don't think it's very well known. From the looks of that website though, I wouldn't be in any rush to check the place out.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3202475;
    It is Industrie Hair Gurus in Ridgewood. Here is a link to the salon:

Industrie Hair Gurus

I added it up, to go to her salon would cost me about $715 BEFORE tip to get all the things done to my hair that I plan to do myself this month for about $100

Yikes
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

This past week's episode was the first one in which the salon owners actually followed up on Tabatha's advice & weren't slacking when she came back to visit. I think having a 3rd party come in & force them to face reality, especially the part about their dad, really woke them up to the severity of the situation.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by alizarules;3201933;
    "Here's a smoking schedule for you: F*** Off!"

I love Tabitha
    Strangely enough, the more I see of this show the more I do too.

True, she's doing a dead-on Ramsey, but generally she comes off as surprisingly level headed.

Some of her advice is crap, admittedly. There's a lot of B.S. "you just have to want to do it" type advice, which rarely helps anyone. Or the REALLY obvious "you, the owner, are the biggest problem", which can rarely be solved conclusively.

But there are nuggets of real practical advice, if the show is fortunate enough to find a salon with a problem which actually CAN be solved permanently by a 1 week visit.

Clearly, as with Kitchen Nightmares, most of the people who apply do so just for the free renovation. And if we are being COMPLETELY honest, in the long run that's probably what's actually helping most of these people the most. Although this show lacks one huge benefit that Kitchen Nightmares gives in spades--the "Big Star is in Town" effect which draws people to the business like a magnet. Even still, the show is entertaining.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

The episode abouit the LOFT was pretty good. The owner however really seems clueless about life period, I do hope that this place continues to make it. One thing I was thinking about though was they cannot have clients that cannot climb the steps unless there is a lift or an elevator I did not see somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3205939;
    The episode abouit the LOFT was pretty good. The owner however really seems clueless about life period, I do hope that this place continues to make it. One thing I was thinking about though was they cannot have clients that cannot climb the steps unless there is a lift or an elevator I did not see somewhere.

The stairs is a concern. That salon is definitely for the younger, mobile client.

Tabitha always threatens to fire someone, yet she never does. Underneath that gruff exterior and foul mouth is a pussy cat? Nah.

The way she walks and is always dressed in black reminds me of the dog trainer, Victoria Stillwell, on Barking Mad. That show is always entertaining without the swearing.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

She said in an interview (it might've even been the reunion show) that she always wears black, red or white. It's just her favorite style. And she's pale & blonde enough that black looks striking on her.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by holly71;3204587;
    This past week's episode was the first one in which the salon owners actually followed up on Tabatha's advice & weren't slacking when she came back to visit. I think having a 3rd party come in & force them to face reality, especially the part about their dad, really woke them up to the severity of the situation.
    I agree. I was glad that it was running well. What I don't understand (and it was in this episode) is do they hire people who have not even gone to beauty school? That one young girl (the deer in the headlights) said that the girls had trained her- yet couldn't even do a decent haircut. It makes me wonder about the credentials of some of these stylists.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesgal;3206895;
    I agree. I was glad that it was running well. What I don't understand (and it was in this episode) is do they hire people who have not even gone to beauty school? That one young girl (the deer in the headlights) said that the girls had trained her- yet couldn't even do a decent haircut. It makes me wonder about the credentials of some of these stylists.
    She had gone through cosmetology school, but she still needed more training in the form of mentoring. That's what she was talking about.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

+ Reply to Thread