+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Tabatha Takes Over (Bravo)

Re: Tabatha's Salon Takeover (Bravo)

Lauren was awful, yes I HAVE 3 MONTHS experience and I KNOW IT ALL! -- Looks like this one worked out out for the owner(s).

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3191367;
    This show is my new guilty pleasure.

And I'm glad I'm not the only one that wanted to slap Mr. Attitude silly. What a jerk.

I couldn't believe the lifestyle of Rico Suave. I mean, some on, how much money ARE you freaking spending on yourself??

I bet that poor couple in the first episode that were living on $7 a day for food while their salon stuggled were agast at how Martino lived.

I also find nothing wrong with him calling his customers, hon. I did have a problem with the licking. And he's right, some of these women are not fussed over at home and they do come back to a place where someone makes a big deal out of them and calls them hon.
    I dont' understand why Tabitha didn't get that part of it.
    It's my new guilty pleasure too! I personally find being called various terms of endearment (particularly by a man) by strangers or those in the service industry HIGHLY OFFENSIVE and CONDESCENDING. I absolutely cannot tolerate that from anyone who is not a relative or a close friend or significant other. I work in a call center and I cringe whenever a customer says something like that to me (but because I'm a professional, I continue and and make sure I treat them professionally when I really want to go off on them) or when I hear a coworker do it to our customer's. As a customer myself, I have actually gone off on call center representatives and refuse to allow them to help me after that. I just sort of shut down and don't want to have anything to do with them after that. That's where I think Tabitha was coming from because while a majority of women don't mind it or even like it, there's always those like me who are offended by it. You should read the person first for permission to do that. That's just my opinion. I've been told by many people that I'm a freak but when someone calls me hon or whatever, I literally have the following physical reactions:
    Last edited by stacerace; 09-21-2008 at 04:18 AM.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

It can be easily taken a different way when men do it as opposed to when women do it (as the previous week in the strip mall salon showed). But so far I've thought that the hon/sweetheart thing is something that Tabatha shouldn't be in such a snit over when she's trying to make people over.

Living in NY, and having lived on Long Island while I went to college, I can tell that those LI women have never strayed far from home. So for them, using "hon" and "sweetheart" is just an indigenous/generational thing. I would bet their mothers/aunts/grandmothers tended to use those names in the course of normal conversation, and it certainly wasn't a judgemental thing on their part; it was their way of being polite and friendly.

So when I hear those names, especially from older women, I don't react negatively at all. In fact, sometimes it makes me fondly remember some of my aunts, and my late mother's friends from my childhood. Which is why I initially called Tabatha out for harping on this as a major problem with them. To me it would be like telling them to stop having Long Island accents. She should have learned more about the environment she was entering beforehand, even with Rico Suave. If he sets that tone as an owner and it's working, why try to turn a person into somebody else?
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 09-21-2008 at 02:44 PM.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alizarules;3201933;
    "Here's a smoking schedule for you: F*** Off!"

I love Tabitha

Lauren is the worst of the worst. what a bad attitude and a whole three months of experience. WOW.
    I'm still laughing over that one. Too Brilliant.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3202229;
    It can be easily taken a different way when men do it as opposed to when women do it (as the previous week in the strip mall salon showed). But so far I've thought that the hon/sweetheart thing is something that Tabatha shouldn't be in such a snit over when she's trying to make people over.

Living in NY, and having lived on Long Island while I went to college, I can tell that those LI women have never strayed far from home. So for them, using "hon" and "sweetheart" is just an indigenous/generational thing. I would bet their mothers/aunts/grandmothers tended to use those names in the course of normal conversation, and it certainly wasn't a judgemental thing on their part; it was their way of being polite and friendly.

So when I hear those names, especially from older women, I don't react negatively at all. In fact, sometimes it makes me fondly remember some of my aunts, and my late mother's friends from my childhood. Which is why I initially called Tabatha out for harping on this as a major problem with them. To me it would be like telling them to stop having Long Island accents. She should have learned more about the environment she was entering beforehand, even with Rico Suave. If he sets that tone as an owner and it's working, why try to turn a person into somebody else?
    I think the reason Tabitha has her own reality show is because of her trainwreck social skills rather than her `talent.' I find it ironic that this woman,with her foul mouth, foul mood and foul arttitude is attacking stylists for their lack of customer service skills.
    I don't think Tabitha stops to think about things from another persons perspective-as you rightly pointed out, their use of the words hon and sweetie certainly aren't meant to be insulting, and that has to be taken into account before going postal over it. Anyhow, Tabitha is so aggressive and tactless (which is totally different from being direct, as she claims) that it's hard for me to take anything she says, concerning others conduct, seriously. She's just so crude and mannerless. There's a way to speak to and with people so that they retain what you are trying to teach them- beign rude and intimadating isn't necessary.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl;3202279;
    I think the reason Tabitha has her own reality show is because of her trainwreck social skills rather than her `talent.' I find it ironic that this woman,with her foul mouth, foul mood and foul arttitude is attacking stylists for their lack of customer service skills.
    I don't think Tabitha stops to think about things from another persons perspective-as you rightly pointed out, their use of the words hon and sweetie certainly aren't meant to be insulting, and that has to be taken into account before going postal over it. Anyhow, Tabitha is so aggressive and tactless (which is totally different from being direct, as she claims) that it's hard for me to take anything she says, concerning others conduct, seriously. She's just so crude and mannerless. There's a way to speak to and with people so that they retain what you are trying to teach them- beign rude and intimadating isn't necessary.
    I see things from exactly the opposite perspective.

Peoples' behaviors/habits/perspectives are engrained. It is clear that these people need a slap in the face. They don't get it or else they wouldn't need Tabatha's help in the first place.

In my mind, Tabatha takes a "tough-love" approach which is strong enough to make them wake up and change their ways (for the most part).

And, when you ask for Tabitha to come to your salon, you should know what you are getting.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Which is why she was appalled at the Images Salon owner. She invited Tabatha, but defended her salon and her employees despite what the former's criticisms. Why'd you invite her in the first place?
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Fanatic

Does anyone know the name or location of Tabatha's own supposedly very successful salon in New Jersey? I can't find the info anywhere.

It is Industrie Hair Gurus in Ridgewood. Here is a link to the salon:

Industrie Hair Gurus

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;3202441;
    Which is why she was appalled at the Images Salon owner. She invited Tabatha, but defended her salon and her employees despite what the former's criticisms. Why'd you invite her in the first place?
    I think the owner just wanted a free renovation (new chairs, mirrors, etc.) of her salon, and not really a makeover of the way she does business.

My take on the hon, sweetheart name calling: I think Tabatha does not like that as it gives the impression that you dont really remember the customer. Personally, i find it much better when someone remembers me by name. And if they greet me by my name when I enter their establishment, it makes me feel that they know me. As the 'cheers' theme song goes, sometime you wanna go where everybody knows your name.
    Last edited by justgart; 09-22-2008 at 06:41 PM.

+ Reply to Thread