+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Tabatha Takes Over (Bravo)

Re: Tabatha's Salon Takeover (Bravo)

I was happy to see this episode because it broke the same old same old cycle of events that we've seen pretty much every episode so far.

One thing I thought was odd was that Tabatha barely addressed the appearance of the stylists themselves. Aside from criticizing the way one of them dressed (and rightfully so!) I would have thought she would have tried to get the message across that for a salon to be "upscale" it needs to have stylists that don't look like they've just come from a Hell's Angels meeting.

From the way the owner and her husband didn't follow through with anything Tabatha suggested, it's pretty obvious that all she wanted was a free remodeling and nothing more.

It made for an entertaining show, but it's sad to think that there might be an owner out there who truly needs help and was willing to really listen to Tabatha who got left out in favor of this farce of a business.
    Love lives forever <3

Quote Originally Posted by freethinker;3197973;
    It made for an entertaining show, but it's sad to think that there might be an owner out there who truly needs help and was willing to really listen to Tabatha who got left out in favor of this farce of a business.
    These people wanted nothing but a free paint job and salon makeover. As a previous poster wrote "they think upscale means updated" NOT. All these people, stylists included saw was a "new" salon and a reason to charge more for a style. SAD

FORT Fan

I finally caught a small part of this episode, and DDAAAMMMMNNNNN those women were so ugly and white trash looking. I thought you people ere were over doing it with the ugly comments, but I was wrong. What's up with that woman who had a tattoo on her NECK? That was so gross, not to mention her teeth and hair were also nasty and distracting. How could someone trust her with their hair? Her hair looked dry and course...and I'm not even going to get into that nasty dye job she had.

Not to mention the other women with missing teeth and just overall appearances of trashiness. How could that salon owner hire those women? GROSS! The staff meeting looked more like an ugly convention. The owner was the last person who needed the makeover. Neck tattoo chick was a hot mess!

I still can't get over the woman with the neck tattoo. WTF was that?

Quote Originally Posted by channel5lady;3198052;
    I finally caught a small part of this episode, and DDAAAMMMMNNNNN those women were so ugly and white trash looking. I thought you people ere were over doing it with the ugly comments, but I was wrong. What's up with that woman who had a tattoo on her NECK? That was so gross, not to mention her teeth and hair were also nasty and distracting. How could someone trust her with their hair? Her hair looked dry and course...and I'm not even going to get into that nasty dye job she had.

Not to mention the other women with missing teeth and just overall appearances of trashiness. How could that salon owner hire those women? GROSS! The staff meeting looked more like an ugly convention. The owner was the last person who needed the makeover. Neck tattoo chick was a hot mess!

I still can't get over the woman with the neck tattoo. WTF was that?
    Hee-hee! SEEEEEEEEEEEE I wasn't over exaggerating! Of course she can't help being ugly but she shouldn't try every trick in the book to draw (negative) attention to herself. She needs to tone down EVERYTHING about her personal style. It also cracks me up that people spend money on tattoos when they should be saving it up to get their teeth fixed!

MRD

The comments had me cracking up. My daughter and I both went EWWW when we saw Gorilla Girl. Everyone is right, if a hair stylist looks like that and has been in the business 20 years, I'm not going to her. She should know what to do to play down her negative features and soften her look. And her little hissy fit was WAY over the top.
    But the entire salon was a bunch of trash. I believe Tabitha called them hillbiliies or something?

I thought that by seeing what a really upscale salon looked like and how one operated would help, but I guess not. Almost all of them looked better with the makeovers, but went right back to the old way of doing their own hair. The owners hair looked amazing when Tabitha did it and I was sorry to see her not change the style and go back to the old style.

The salon looked like a salon in a strip mall next to a CVS, both before and after the remodel and the hair stylists didn't get it at all and neither did the owners. What a joke. They are never going to get upscale clients. They're lucky they get clients that pay $30 for a hair cut.

And I think Tabitha knew that all the owners wanted was a salon remodel. YOu could tell that she just about gave up at a certain point and didn't bother trying to really teach them anything. And the remodel certainly wasn't on par with past remodels in other salons. I think she knew from the start this one was going to be one that wasn't going to change, so why bother working too hard at it. I don't mean, she didn't try, but it was obvious that she didn't get passionate about it and they did update the salon, but it didn't get hte same treatment that some of the other salons have gotten.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I'm surprised she picked such a low-rent, Working Girl salon in the first place, but maybe it was just to keep the show fresh by taking on the unexpected.

Gorilla Girl gave me nightmares. *shudder* I'm hoping Tabatha gave those 2 good stylists a recommendation at a better salon.

It would be great if she went down South and found a good old-fashioned Steel Magnolias-type salon. That would be a bloodbath for sure.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3198718;
    I'm surprised she picked such a low-rent, Working Girl salon in the first place, but maybe it was just to keep the show fresh by taking on the unexpected.

Gorilla Girl gave me nightmares. *shudder* I'm hoping Tabatha gave those 2 good stylists a recommendation at a better salon.

It would be great if she went down South and found a good old-fashioned Steel Magnolias-type salon. That would be a bloodbath for sure.
    I know just the place. I haven't been to it. But I've driven by. It's MILES from anywhere. Is in someone's house and the house is surrounded by a cow pasture!!!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fogey

Love the show! Of the episodes I've seen, though, the nimwits she is helping don't seem as if they'll keep it up. Not sure they understand the gift they've been given.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3200138;
    Love the show! Of the episodes I've seen, though, the nimwits she is helping don't seem as if they'll keep it up. Not sure they understand the gift they've been given.

I know it. So far, all of them have slipped to varying degrees when Tabatha came back to check on them.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

FORT Fanatic

"Here's a smoking schedule for you: F*** Off!"

I love Tabitha

Lauren is the worst of the worst. what a bad attitude and a whole three months of experience. WOW.

+ Reply to Thread