+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Tabatha Takes Over (Bravo)

Re: Tabatha's Salon Takeover (Bravo)

This new salon had some scary looking women in it!!!! Yikes! I'd be afraid to go in there. It was like Halloween! I think that one woman was wearing a gorilla mask!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;3196636;
    This new salon had some scary looking women in it!!!! Yikes! I'd be afraid to go in there. It was like Halloween! I think that one woman was wearing a gorilla mask!
    This comment is just plain wrong. I feel bad for believing this and actually laughed when I read it.

FORT Regular

The fact that they had no idea about their finances and the idiot husband did absolutely nothing except walk around like an ape and ogle the hideous women who worked there -- it all made me think this "business" is a front for something -- whether it's drugs or some kind of money-laundering, who knows -- but something very, very fishy is going on here. The "stylist" that flipped out looked like a crack addict. The one with the boobs hangin' out was just plain puke-inducing.

The owner was an idiot to be on this show cuz it just highlighted what a freak-show her "salon" is. Oyster Bay is a pretty fancy-shmancy area and I can't imagine anyone from there is going to this gross place. Even with the makeover, this is clearly a place to be avoided.

I liked what Tabatha did to the owner's hair. Her makeup was still horribly tacky & trashy, but at least her hair looked so much better. And the stylist in Manhattan was truly amazing -- this was the one bright spot in this ep -- he's an artist.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoobie Doobie;3197034;
    The fact that they had no idea about their finances and the idiot husband did absolutely nothing except walk around like an ape and ogle the hideous women who worked there -- it all made me think this "business" is a front for something -- whether it's drugs or some kind of money-laundering, who knows -- but something very, very fishy is going on here. The "stylist" that flipped out looked like a crack addict. The one with the boobs hangin' out was just plain puke-inducing.

The owner was an idiot to be on this show cuz it just highlighted what a freak-show her "salon" is. Oyster Bay is a pretty fancy-shmancy area and I can't imagine anyone from there is going to this gross place. Even with the makeover, this is clearly a place to be avoided.

I liked what Tabatha did to the owner's hair. Her makeup was still horribly tacky & trashy, but at least her hair looked so much better. And the stylist in Manhattan was truly amazing -- this was the one bright spot in this ep -- he's an artist.
    Within the first 5 minutes, I knew this wasn't going to work. When the owner said something to the effect of wanting to get the salon re-modeled, I knew that was all she wanted out of it. She could care less about training her staff or anything else. To her, apparently "upscale" just means "updated." What a pathetic dunce. I was not impressed with her at all. And all of her stylists had crappy hair themselves. To me, if a stylist's hair looks bad, how could I trust their taste level to do a good job on mine? A couple of the women there had yellow hair for crying out loud! And not intentionally yellow, either. It was clearly a misguided attempt at blonde.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

The "good" hairdressers fixed them up but within a couple of days they morphed back into the same sad bunch as before! The white frosted lipstick on "King Kong" didn't help her ONE BIT! (as close as I could get) I wanted to reach through the TV and wipe the white eye shadow off the owner. Her hair looked so much better flat ironed but she turned back into a "Charlie's Angel"! I was at least happy that Tabatha tried fixing them up. She should do this on every episode but most hairdressers are going to do what they want. They're pretty stubborn.

Quote Originally Posted by channel5lady;3196917;
    This comment is just plain wrong. I feel bad for believing this and actually laughed when I read it.
    Sorry, I'm bad ,but weren't we all thinking it? heh-heh! She's been in the business for 20 years (I think that's what she said) and she should know what to do to down play bad features (Which I have to say seemed to be most of her). A bag over her head would be a good quick fix but I would also suggest: Different lipstick (I mentioned this already, sorry). A softer hair style with less drastic color (combed over her face would be nice). Have the tattoo ,across her neck removed (or better yet, get them all over her face and join a circus side show). She should also get her hormone levels tested. The doctors probably haven't gotten them right since the sex change! Whoops!!! Did I say that?

^^ LOL!! You are cracking me up!!

Well, I have to say I don't find Tabatha herself very easy to look at, with those hideous eyebrows. I'm not disparaging her skills, knowledge, or good intentions by any means. She just looks to me like someone who's had a bad face lift.

Quote Originally Posted by dallas_viewer;3197584;
    Well, I have to say I don't find Tabatha herself very easy to look at, with those hideous eyebrows. I'm not disparaging her skills, knowledge, or good intentions by any means. She just looks to me like someone who's had a bad face lift.
    Can't argue with that! She looks like a bulldog to me but she has a good style to her.

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;3197658;
    Can't argue with that! She looks like a bulldog to me but she has a good style to her.
    I agree with you too TVaholic!

+ Reply to Thread