+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Tabatha Takes Over (Bravo)

Re: Tabatha's Salon Takeover (Bravo)

I watched this episode last night, & dear god almighty! That salon was FILTHY! And the shampoo chair on cinder blocks?!?! A major safety hazard. I don't know how he stayed open. For one thing, (at least in Texas), the state does sanitation inspections on salons, & they can shut your ass down for repeated violations. Maybe California doesn't do that, or this guy has just been veerrrrry lucky (so far). And if I was a client & I walked in & saw filth everywhere (because it certainly wasn't confined to any one specific area), I would turn around & walk out. I can't believe his stylists would even put up with that. Why not take initiative to clean up, or work someplace else? And I just think it's really weird that someone with no knowledge of how do to hair would open up a salon; at the very least he should have had a partner who had a background of doing hair.

I didn't understand his apathetic attitude when Tabatha came to help him. I mean, she doesn't just randomly show up at salons ~ they have asked for her help. I don't see this place staying open through the end of the year. and what does he do, anyway? Why can't he be at the salon all day, every day? Oh, I know why ~ he's flippin' lazy & just thought all he had to do was open a salon & the masses would come. Well dude, that's not the case! Also, his esthetician creeped me out. I wouldn't let him touch me. I don't care how good he supposedly is, he's creepy. And in this business, if people don't feel comfortable with you, they're not going to come back.

And I also couldn't believe that the owner acted so put out when talking about how his stylist "complained about everything" & included their requests for clean towels as a "complaint." Seriously? To use anything except a clean towel on someone is disgusting & unprofessional, & again, a sanitation violation. And the watered-down shampoo...ugh...

I can go on for a another few days, but I'll stop now!!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3180069;
    I don't know if Tabatha is that good, but she seems to know every aspect of the industry she's in, and she hasn't struck a wrong note yet. She did seem to cuss more in this second episode, but the guy she was trying to save was completely exasperating. I don't think he'll put the work into keeping his business afloat; he's lazy, selfish, makes BS excuses, and he really doesn't know anything about haircutting. He has a good, newly motivated staff and a newly renovated salon, but that may not be enough to get him out of bed in the morning.

This is a very easy business to open and run. Set up costs are not high. It is essential that the owner is a stylist, though. There is no room in the profit margin for a manager/owner who is not doing double duty unless the salon is huge. I am sure Tabatha does know this industry well, it doesnt take much to understand it. It shocks me to see salon owners who cannot pull off this uncomplicated business.

Swearing is just one of those things, it offends you or it doesn't. It doesn't bother me. Bigotry, bad table manners and bad grammar bother me. I skip posts that contain sentences that begin with the word, me. Me and my sister went to the mall and worse, me and her should have went!

I try to avoid what offends me so those who don't like swearing better steer clear of this show! I really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3182392;
    Swearing is just one of those things, it offends you or it doesn't. It doesn't bother me. Bigotry, bad table manners and bad grammar bother me. I skip posts that contain sentences that begin with the word, me. Me and my sister went to the mall and worse, me and her should have went!
    A person after my own heart. Those are my peeves and in that order! I can barely watch "Big Brother" this season because they sound like first-graders. Actually, that's an insult to first graders, most of whom know to say "I saw" rather than "I seen."
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

I watched the first two episodes and liked it. I started to watch last night and ended up turning it off. It's already gotten boring. I just feel like it's too much of the same thing. Honestly, these are problems that most salons have so it's not much of a shock to me. All have some neat and tidy stylists and some that leave messes (I think that they expect others to clean up after them). Salons are messy places and very hard to keep clean. You can clean them and they are dirty an hour later. Powder bleach, hairspray (flying around the room), hair trimmings and hair color. You can be careful and it still manages to end up in strange places and sometimes you don't see it until it has oxidized. The only way to keep a busy salon clean is to have one employee that just cleans! It's no surprise that most salons don't make it because it's usually a stylist that runs it. Sorry, but they aren't Harvard graduates with business degrees. They (usually) went to beauty college because they weren't the best students in the world. Now, I know that some have done fine and there are always exceptions but when I went to BC a lot of the people were dropouts. Anyway, I've grown tired of Tabatha.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by candor;3189411;
    A person after my own heart. Those are my peeves and in that order! I can barely watch "Big Brother" this season because they sound like first-graders. Actually, that's an insult to first graders, most of whom know to say "I saw" rather than "I seen."

Hey there! So nice to see a kindred spirit. What is happening in English classrooms across the country?! It stuns me.

This bugs me no end and almost every poster here does this. Example: The person that gave it to her. The person WHO gave it to her. They are using that in place of who everywhere. I cannot escape it!

When talking about an inanimate object use, that. "The business that folded...." When speaking about a person use who. "The man who gave her the book...." Okay, I am done. Just had to vent to an accepting audience. Thank you candor.

tvaholic. I am a hair stylist and an exception to your observations. I hear you, though. It is not a profession known for its scholars. I was an art major and happened into hair cutting when my kids were little because you just cannot earn enough selling paintings. It was an obvious road to travel living rurally with few choices. I started cutting hair in my dorm and it blossomed into a lucrative part time career. It is great to be able to set your own schedule and never miss a kids event. It worked well for me. Except my co workers grammar drove me nuts!!

I, too, started this week's show and turned it off. I agree with everything you said.
    Last edited by shoepie; 09-05-2008 at 04:03 PM.

I particularly hate it when people say, "The card was from Cindy, Billy and myself", for example. The use of "myself" is really bastardized.

I like how Tabatha turned this latest salon around, but it was strange watching her personal interaction with Rico Suave or whatever his name was. Granted he did need to be more professional and take a leadership role in his business, but I don't see his calling his clients babe, hon and sweetheart as a negative. That's his personality, and I believe him when he says that's what a lot of clients come back for. I thought it was funny/awkward how Tabatha just sort of blinked at the notion, as if it were from Mars.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I saw the episode yesterday with Mr. Suave (I can't remember his name- Martino???) I have never seen this show before and I kind of liked it, although I did want to slap Mr. attitude with the glasses until he straightened out.

I love this show! It's one of my new guilty pleasures. Tabitha is so fun to watch and she does know her stuff. I'd love to give a few punches to the dirty salon guy, myself. I don't know how she didn't open up a can of whoop *** on him.
    You know how alcohol makes people let down their prohibitions Ms Rap Supreme on VH1

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by provenceguy;3190686;
    I particularly hate it when people say, "The card was from Cindy, Billy and myself", for example. The use of "myself" is really bastardized.

I agree.

+ Reply to Thread