+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Tabatha Takes Over (Bravo)

Re: Tabatha Takes Over (Bravo)

Quote Originally Posted by holly71 View Post
    I just watched last weeks episode about Summer's Sports Bar. It was meh. That younger son was supposedly not drinking anymore at the end, but he looked high on something to me! I am having a hard time believing he wasn't either drunk or high on something. Maybe he's just gotten better at concealing his drinking. Did anyone else think that?
    First of all that Mother was way over enabling of her sons! They should have been out on their own! (And that Mother (I thought) was wearing very inappropriate tops; her cleavage was bursting out of each shirt). The episode was definitely meh! I highly doubt the son reined it in! He was buying (or comping) drinks for his friends nightly so I bet when Tabatha left, THEY came back!
    holly71, PA Snow Bunny and elleprn like this.
    KAREN

This was the first time I ever suspected a lot of scripting or manipulation in Tabatha's shows. It just didn't sit well with me that at the end, the son who was gung-ho to take over the business, totally lost interest and the other one who was nothing but a problem, in six short weeks, totally turned around. It just seemed to tidy for me.
    And what was up with that mother and her clothes????
    PA Snow Bunny likes this.

I thought the same thing with the Mom & her choice of tops. Geeze my boys would have made me wear their T shirt or jacket.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Cultural differences, people, cultural differences. I didn't have a problem with her shirts; she had the body to pull them off.......(not literally, of course! )
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Cultural differences, people, cultural differences. I didn't have a problem with her shirts; she had the body to pull them off.......(not literally, of course! )
    She has a great figure, but I have to agree with the others that it just didn't seem appropriate. To me, it looked like something that would be worn to a nightclub. My issue wasn't so much with her wearing it at her age (whatever it may be), but more that it just seemed like club wear. But whatever. I'm sure I wear stuff that makes other people cringe, lol.

This was the first time I ever suspected a lot of scripting or manipulation in Tabatha's shows. It just didn't sit well with me that at the end, the son who was gung-ho to take over the business, totally lost interest and the other one who was nothing but a problem, in six short weeks, totally turned around. It just seemed to tidy for me.
    And what was up with that mother and her clothes????
    I don't know if I thought it was scripted, so much as everyone else was buying what that son was selling. Tabatha didn't look quite convinced to me. She had that look like "well if you say so"... her demeanor & body language looked to me like she wasn't quite believing it, but what is she gonna say at that point? She can't really say or do anything. It was a follow up visit.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Oh I would like to add about the Mom's attire!

I felt her Tops were inappropriate around her sons while they were all working at the Bar!

Sure if she is going out clubbing with ladies her age, absolutely fine.

She has a great figure and she should be proud but just not around her sons and their friends and work.

I actually though maybe Tabatha would have said something while she was there.

(I did not make that clear in my above post.)
    KAREN

I agree, age has nothing to do with her choice of tops....but it seemed inappropriate for the mother of young men. My son used to tell me to dress more covered up when his friends came around to our house. I never wore her type of clothes...low tops etc but he didn't even want me wearing shorts. He said his friends were horny young guys and he didn't like hearing them talk about his mother. Made sense to me. I had no desire to be a MILF.
    momrek06 and jenniferboston1 like this.

As hard as I try, I can't get into Tabatha taking over bars and nightclubs! I love when she's in her own element, trying to help salons succeed. Leave the bars to Jon Taffer! I love that guy.
    holly71 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jenniferboston1 View Post
    As hard as I try, I can't get into Tabatha taking over bars and nightclubs! I love when she's in her own element, trying to help salons succeed. Leave the bars to Jon Taffer! I love that guy.
    OMG, JEN, I do not want to take this OT but there is no thread for BAR RESCUE so I will just say it here.

Last week or two weeks ago, the one with the HORSE. OMG OMG OMG. Un freaking believable. Holy crap. And the owners DRUNK all the time. OMG.
    holly71 and jenniferboston1 like this.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    OMG, JEN, I do not want to take this OT but there is no thread for BAR RESCUE so I will just say it here.

Last week or two weeks ago, the one with the HORSE. OMG OMG OMG. Un freaking believable. Holy crap. And the owners DRUNK all the time. OMG.
    You're welcome to start a thread in this forum for that show so the discussion in this thread doesn't go off topic
    momrek06 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread