+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425262728293031 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Tabatha Takes Over (Bravo)

Re: Tabatha Takes Over (Bravo)

I think that her business experience is definitely cross-applicable. All of the businesses she deals with are service-focused. I wouldn't want her going to help an office supply store, but I think her expertise definitely works in assisting owners of bars/clubs and even that dog grooming business. I prefer the episodes that feature salons, but I don't mind the other episodes. Any Tabatha is good Tabatha.
    Moontat and sparklete like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Absolutely! Love Tabatha, but Jon Taffer rocks on Bar Rescue! I love this wife, daughter and his team of experts.

Quote Originally Posted by holly71 View Post
    I know! I prefer she keep to salons, since that's where her experience is best applied.

Leave the Bar Rescue stuff to Jon Taffer! (show on SpikeTV, I really like it )
    holly71 and momrek06 like this.

Definitely recommended viewing. It's crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by holly71 View Post
    I need to see this! I didn't catch it, darn it!!
    holly71 likes this.

Has there only been one new episode so far? Somehow I missed it, and I love Tabatha too. She's fierce! Love her style. She rocks it. she's got a great business head on her shoulders, too.
    sometimes she might come across a tad harsh (lol) but she really does care about these people succeeding.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

There have been 2 episodes, so far; one in a salon, and one in a bar.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by jenniferboston1 View Post
    Love Tabatha, but Jon Taffer rocks on Bar Rescue! I love this wife, daughter and his team of experts.
    DH & I love John Taffer and never miss an episode!!! We just watched (last night) the HOLLYWOOD DIMPLES episode from last week. AWESOME. John's biggest remodel ever.
    To anyone interested it, new episodes are on SUNDAY nights on SPIKE and they repeat often throughout the week.

I just watched an old Tabatha and loved it, they were in Boston (my hometown) on Newbury Street at AVANTI!!! I love Tabatha!!!
    holly71 and jenniferboston1 like this.
    KAREN

Wasn't that a cool epi?! When I was a teenager, I was a model head at Mario Russo (still on Newbury!).
    holly71 and momrek06 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jenniferboston1 View Post
    Wasn't that a cool epi?! When I was a teenager, I was a model head at Mario Russo (still on Newbury!).
    Wow, that's so awesome, Jen!!!!
    KAREN

I'm so annoyed that Comcast doesn't have this show OnDemand! I'm having to catch up when they repeat the episodes. I'm re-watching the Nexgen barber shop episode right now because the most recent episode (that I haven't seen) is coming up next. I love the moment when Tabatha's standing at the chair with one of the guys and just holds out her hand for him to spit out her gum.

This episode stood out for me because there wasn't so much bitching and sniping about Tabatha. Maybe it's because the guys all knew what they were doing with respect to hair cutting. There was that moment when one of them needed a little help and he took it and paid attention to what the told him without his ego getting in the way. It was refreshing to not have a bunch of defensiveness. I hate to sterotype or make generalizations, but maybe it's because these were straight guys. I think it's also because the problem wasn't that the barbers didn't know what they were doing.....maybe also because the owner is a minister.

Anyway, I enjoyed seeing people actually take Tabatha's suggestions without acting like she's the meanest person on the planet.

I love that Tabatha seems to hate being hugged less as the series goes on....or maybe she's just gotten better at hiding her distaste for being hugged.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I just watched last weeks episode about Summer's Sports Bar. It was meh. That younger son was supposedly not drinking anymore at the end, but he looked high on something to me! I am having a hard time believing he wasn't either drunk or high on something. Maybe he's just gotten better at concealing his drinking. Did anyone else think that?
    momrek06 likes this.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

+ Reply to Thread