+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Tabatha Takes Over (Bravo)

Re: Tabatha Takes Over (Bravo)

I wasn't so sure after she did the bar, but I liked last night's episode. I thought she approached it in a smart way - with a business, it all boils down to what makes money and what doesn't and I think she did a great job of looking at that business and isolating the things that were not making money. I also thought she did a good job with the personnel issues. I was impressed.

I have to say, I didn't know how old Tabatha is until I just looked it up. I was going to say that I thought she looked pretty good for her age, but I wouldn't have thought she was only 42. I thought she was maybe 50 or more. Maybe all these knuckleheads are stressing her out!
    Uncle David likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    Tabatha is looking a little haggard this season, but I still love her.
    So glad someone else noticed that about Tabatha. I couldn't figure out what was different about her and it wasn't good. Usually I think she looks fabulous but not in this episode about the gay bar. I thought maybe it was the much shorter hair but I think you nailed it perfectly...she looks haggard and tired.

I enjoyed the episode about the yogurt shop. Tabatha handled that perfectly and the owners and staff all were willing and eager to try to make the shop a better one. But I did get the feeling that the wife, who owned the shop, didn't really want to be there everyday. I think it was just a hobby for her and an easy way to get all the yogurt she wanted.

I could not stand that salon owner ... he was dry as dust. No wonder he's had massive walkouts, and sadly, he did nothing but waste everyone's time.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I just saw the episode with the owner who was totally disinterested in working the salon. I don't agree that it was a waste of Tabatha's time because she was able to help the employees make the decision to leave that sorry little man. What I don't like is Tabatha revamped his salon for him. I think that was his motivation for her to come. And that doesn't set well with me.

And what was he thinking to charge his former employees for Tabatha's gifts to them (flat irons, blow dryers)? I totally despise those kind of owners.
    mom2 likes this.

I couldn't believe that last salon owner! What the hell is wrong with that guy? I certainly hope Bravo stepped in and made it clear that the tools were given to the stylists and not to the salon. I honestly think there is something wrong with him, mentally.

I agree that it wasn't a complete waste of Tabatha's time because it helped those stylists make the decision to leave, but I also agree with Tabatha that her time is better spent with people who want her help. I can tell you, I would have been out of there a lot faster than those stylists and, really, if I was Tabatha, I would have told him to stuff it and left!

I hope that salon is out of business now and that the guy lost a bunch of money. He clearly doesn't care about people, so maybe a loss of money will hit him where it hurts.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

After thinking about it for awhile, I realize that it was always nothing more than a tax write off. He really didn't care one way or the other if it made money ... he could write off if it failed - which it did because of his indifference.

Nothing was ever his fault. His managers failed (because he never gave them the power to manage, just made them the scapegoats), he had "no idea" the products were low ... and on and on and on. He could not care less.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

The guy that owned the hair salon seemed to have had all his emotions surgically removed.
    What a pill.

The salon owner this past episode totally reminds me of someone I used to work for. Just like this guy, he was unfriendly, would walk into a room full of people & not acknowlege a soul, demoralized his staff, he was cheap/stingy, he hired someone who was totally wrong for the job, but she's untouchable (we were all pretty sure that there were "favors" being exchanged, if you know what I mean), etc. I swear they must be related! Watching this episode really brought back some bad memories! I truly could relate to how his staff felt. I was so glad when some of them left...now the rest of them need to follow suit.
    mom2 likes this.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Two Women Who owned the Doggie Grooming Place

That was a good show
    You can do it!

+ Reply to Thread