+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Tabatha Takes Over (Bravo)

Re: Tabatha Takes Over (Bravo)

OMG, I totally love this show, it is so addictive! I love Tabatha. I've watched marathons over and over again, starting in the early morning on Monday, and I love starting the week out with this show.

I'm excited about the new season, but not so much the premise. I like Tabatha in her own world of hair salons and am not that interested in seeing her "take over" other businesses. I'll give it a chance though, because she is so watchable.

Quote Originally Posted by lilymax View Post
    OMG, I totally love this show, it is so addictive! I love Tabatha. I've watched marathons over and over again, starting in the early morning on Monday, and I love starting the week out with this show.

I'm excited about the new season, but not so much the premise. I like Tabatha in her own world of hair salons and am not that interested in seeing her "take over" other businesses. I'll give it a chance though, because she is so watchable.
    I constantly watch and DVR all the Tabatha shows -- each and every time they're on. So, you know I've seen them over and over again. The only one I refuse to watch again, as it's too hard to take, is the salon in Florida...South Beach????? -- with the horrible owner who treated her employees like slaves. I just found it too disturbing. Watched it the first time and bypassed it forever. I'm not interested in Tabatha taking over other businesses either -- (dogs????) Puhleeeeeeeeeeeez. I think it's a bad move......her expertise is hair and we all can relate to it and the salons we go to.

Here's hoping they dump the idea.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    Tom Hanks - A League of Their Own

I'm confused. Is she going to be taking over other types of businesses? I watched the season premiere and it was a salon takeover, just like usual.

I hadn't heard that she was expanding the show beyond hair salons, but I just found this article:
    'Tabatha Takes Over' Star on Expanding Beyond Hair Salons: 'It's Tabatha on Steroids' (Video)
    The opinionated Aussie tells THR why she takes her series into new territory on its fourth season premiering Tuesday at 10 p.m. on Bravo.

“Really important: Everybody needs to change their DVR from Tabatha’s Salon Takeover to Tabatha Takes Over, because I’m taking over other businesses this season. It’s Tabatha on steroids,” Tabatha Coffey tells The Hollywood Reporter.

Who better to explain why the returning Bravo series has changed its title for the fourth season than its opinionated star? THR sat down with the successful hair stylist to talk about the expansion of her business remodeling series, Tabatha Takes Over, which debuts Tuesday at 10 p.m. on Bravo.

“It was such a natural progression, so many people said, ‘I wish you would come and take over and help us’ and we decided we would take over,” Coffey says. “And I believe business principles are business principles, they follow through. And as a business owner, we all deal with the same set of problems in our business. So, it was a great transition to now move into other businesses not just hair dressing salons.”

Coffey says that when Bravo gave the green light for the series to go beyond its previous focus on hair salons, she happily accepted the assignment.

“I like helping people,” the Aussie, whose stern demeanor regularly falls away after she’s helped a business get back on track, says. “It was exciting to be able to go in and challenge myself and also be able to help these other businesses. So, it was great.”

While the fourth season will have its fair share of hair salons, Coffey will also take over a gay bar, a doggie daycare, a bed and breakfast, a frozen yogurt store, and a beauty school. But, the premiere episode finds her in an environment viewers are used to.

The season begins at a hair salon called Jungle Red, in which its owner, Suzanne, has given up all her authority to her daughter whose aspirations don’t include running a hair salon. Not only is the salon in desperate need of a business overhaul, but Suzanne has started living there, as well.

“It was really the story, the story between mother and daughter,” Coffey says of what makes this episode special. “And, also, the fact that Suzanne put everything she had into the salon. And that’s why she was also staying there, which is the part that was really big for me.”
    'Tabatha Takes Over' Star on Expanding Beyond Hair Salons: 'It's Tabatha on Steroids' (Video) - Hollywood Reporter

I'm not sure how I feel about this. One of my favorite parts of the show is watching Tabatha instruct the stylists while they're working on a client. I think she's very smart and is obviously a good businesswoman, but I don't know how that will translate to other business.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I would prefer Tabitha to stick with hair salons but I'll wait and see. I really think she has the organization skills to help other businesses, plus she doesn't take any BS from anyone, which should help. I can see why they'd want to change it up a little to keep viewership and so the storyline doesn't get stale. It will depend on how well she can do it.
    I really like her, although I must admit that I didn't when she was on Shear Genius.
    Moontat likes this.

I didn't like her on Shear Genius either! I was hesitant about watching this show, but since I liked the format with Kitchen Nightmares on BBC, I decided to give it a chance. I find her much more likeable on this show.

I'll keep watching....and hoping that the changes work. I like Tabatha and I want to see her show do well.
    Moontat likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Did anyone watch the second episode? She helped out a gay bar (near my hometown!) turn things around. I thought she did a great job and, although I don't want her to never do the show in a salon again, I didn't think the show lost anything.

I can't believe that bar was charging a cover just to come in and drink when there wasn't any entertainment! No purses or coats on the bar or drinks on the dance floor? WTH? I was so embarrassed for that bartender when the customer asked for water and she had to tell him he had to pay for it. Who doesn't give tap water for free?

I'm glad Tabatha set them straight, although I've still read some recent negative reviews about that bar on, I think, Yelp.

I didnt think she had the same insight on the 2nd episode with the gay bar. It was ok, just not as commanding as when she sticks with salons. Shes a good business woman. I just felt she seemed bored with the bar takeover or something--as was i.

Quote Originally Posted by PipSqueek View Post
    I didnt think she had the same insight on the 2nd episode with the gay bar. It was ok, just not as commanding as when she sticks with salons. Shes a good business woman. I just felt she seemed bored with the bar takeover or something--as was i.
    Those owners had their brains locked in time. The stuff Tabitha did anybody could have done. I think she would be better off in salons. There are probably important other things she needed to suggest but did not because she was out of her expertise area.

In the recent episode, I like how kind she was with the owner who lost her mother. She asked her if she was ready to be present....giving recognition to how incredibly torn up this woman must be. Good points for Tabitha
    You can do it!

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Tabatha is looking a little haggard this season, but I still love her. Not convinced yet that she should be expanding beyond hair salons.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

+ Reply to Thread