+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Tabatha Takes Over (Bravo)

Re: Tabatha's Salon Takeover (Bravo)

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    I love Tabatha's Takeover, and I have to say that it's one of my all time favorite reality TV shows (after Survivor and Housewives). She has the patience of a saint, evidenced in this particular episode because I'd have probably slapped a couple of the stylists and been arrested for it.
    I love it too. Haven't watched the last one where she re-visits some of the salons but did just watch the one where the owner had no guts at all.
    (I prefer "guts" to the word they used )
    Taking him to learn self defense was a brilliant idea. Glad that it worked.
    I remember Tabitha from when she was a contestant on Shear Genius. Wonder if that show is coming back?

Watched the two episodes last night. Tabatha can be a refreshing breath of air in this PC heavy society but I like that bottom line she wants to deliver a service in a clean and professional manner that is satisfying to the customer and profitable to the stylists and owners. The season finale was a trip. Amazing how some owners faced with total financial ruin can still be blind to what is happening, Chicago Male. Martino was a trip...but there was no mention if he paid his mother back the money she loaned him.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I have to say I have never watched this show ever. Then I caught the episode where the the owner was allowing one hairdresser named, Sabina to take control of everything anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed it so now I am watching all the repeats on BRAVO!!!
    KAREN

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Can't believe the season is over already. Seems like it just got started. Loved the "I don't hug" montage at the end!

It's hilarious that she has no qualms about sticking her hand into a sink and pulling out a hairball that's been languishing for heaven knows how long, but she doesn't want to be embraced by an ordinarily clean human being!!!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    I have to say I have never watched this show ever. Then I caught the episode where the the owner was allowing one hairdresser named, Sabina to take control of everything anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed it so now I am watching all the repeats on BRAVO!!!
    I don't think it was so much that the owner allowed Sabina to take over as Sabina took over cause she didn't want to lose her job because no one was running the business, yet she was in a no win situation because she was not the owner and really did not have the authority to run the business and she does not have the most gracious management style. I think she would have had more support from the other staff if she wasn't such a bitch to them. I do think that regardless who stepped in to take charge there probably would have been a bit of bad blood because people are just contrary that way.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    they were drinking all day in the salon. Wouldn't you just love to go there and get a cut? or a color?

I had to when one of the stylists referred to Sabina as the Red Headed Sea Witch! (ref Disney's Little Mermaid) I could so picture her in that role.

Honestly I can't imagine how some of these women have the gall to actually talk back to Tabatha! She looks so severe, to see her in a black leather catsuit with stilettos wouldn't surprise me a bit. I'd run away.

But she was charming in the episode with the little children. But can't picture her in a denim jumper with a peter pan collar and ballet flats, either.

Fun show!
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

I love that Tabitha's so non-PC. It's a refreshing change. There's nothing wrong with calling people out for doing the wrong thing, especially when it comes with attitude.
    I'm in agreement with not understanding Tabitha: Not repulsed by yucky hair in the sink but from hugs!!
    Hug me any time but keep the icky hair away from me.

I like how unique she is. She has her own style: all black, all the time, short white blonde hair and total business with no kissing up to anyone so as "not to offend." Admirable.

Nice article about Tabatha on CNN.com today: Tabatha Coffey: The making of a B.I.T.C.H. - CNN.com
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Nice article about Tabatha on CNN.com today: Tabatha Coffey: The making of a B.I.T.C.H. - CNN.com
    Thanks for posting that - I love Tabatha

Changing the title of the thread and giving it a bump, since the new season premieres tonight. PST, it airs at 7 pm.

I'm really excited to see Tabatha again. She did a spot on Dr. Oz recently and, although I'm not a Dr. Oz fan, I hung in there and watched her segment anyway. It's so cool to see her getting some face time on other shows!
    mom2 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread