+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Tabatha Takes Over (Bravo)

Re: Tabatha's Salon Takeover (Bravo)

Quote Originally Posted by holly71;3173272;
    I'd like to know too. I don't remember any Texas guys on her season.
    Maybe they were talking about when she was a guest on Shear Genius? I can't remember what happened on that episode.....can you?

Didn't she tear Daniel a new one when she judged the shortcut challenge this season? That might be what it meant.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by holly71;3173272;
    I'd like to know too. I don't remember any Texas guys on her season.
    Tyson isn't from Texas and he isn't gay. (referring to Christopher Hawke)

He's from Vegas and he's married. But he is a momma's boy, so we could forgive the misunderstanding.

Still hate Tabs, won't watch ever.

HL, checking in from a Starsky & Hutch convention

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;3174131;
    Maybe they were talking about when she was a guest on Shear Genius? I can't remember what happened on that episode.....can you?
    No, I don't remember, except Charlie had his lips glued to her butt, & won the challenge.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I thought the premiere was one of the better-made shows of its kind. She packed a lot of information and drama into one hour. She was fierce and unsentimental, but never cruel. What amazed me was that she handled all the hosting and narration herself, with no sidekick or co-host, and I never tired of hearing her speak. Nothing seemed too set-up or far-fetched, and she was very businesslike and pragmatic toward the whole affair. And somehow it still managed to be very entertaining! (For me, anyway)

I think she was born to do this. Can't wait for the next show!
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3175443;
    I thought the premiere was one of the better-made shows of its kind. She packed a lot of information and drama into one hour. She was fierce and unsentimental, but never cruel. What amazed me was that she handled all the hosting and narration herself, with no sidekick or co-host, and I never tired of hearing her speak. Nothing seemed too set-up or far-fetched, and she was very businesslike and pragmatic toward the whole affair. And somehow it still managed to be very entertaining! (For me, anyway)

Fierce and Unsentimental are an understatement! She was 'on point' every step of the way. I think they were blown away and a tad afraid of her! And she has NO time for tears...E.V.E.R. Amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3175443;

I liked it too. I really had a problem with the way that the staff looked and I was surprised that she didn't address this. I was thinking that (because of all of the owner's rules) they end up hiring a bunch of hairdressers that can't get jobs at other places. A good hairdresser with a decent amount of clients would not put up with those rules. They seemed to be a bunch of misfits not professional hairdressers at all. They all needed their own hair done and better looking clothing choices. Tabatha seemed much nicer than when she was on Shear Genius and very interesting to listen to. I did think that The money spent on redecorating the salon was probably a waste. The owners could have used it for food or to help pay off their debt but then there wouldn't be a show, would there? Hopefully they made a buck being on the show. The next show looks like it's going to be good!

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;3176024;
    I liked it too. I really had a problem with the way that the staff looked and I was surprised that she didn't address this. I was thinking that (because of all of the owner's rules) they end up hiring a bunch of hairdressers that can't get jobs at other places. A good hairdresser with a decent amount of clients would not put up with those rules. They seemed to be a bunch of misfits not professional hairdressers at all. (clip)
    I was thinking this too, but at least without all the rules and certificates, and wasting all that time and money putting them through "Ten University", the owner can now move faster to get rid of the dead weight by herself. By the end of the episode, I was glad that Tabatha left the firing up to the salon owner, and only reassigned the big goofy guy who talked out his ass the whole hour.

Also, the hairdos on this season's Shear Genius have been as bad or worse than the do's I saw on this show.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

I was a hair stylist for 25 years. There is NO way a stylist would or should put up with those rules and utter nonsense going on in that salon. Clearly they were fresh out of school and had no other options or just didn't know any better.

Rule #1. Make the salon attractive to clients and have a good location. Then sit back and wait for experienced stylists to come to you and bring their clilentelle with them. Or actively persue them, of course. Producing good cuts is the only road to a successful business. It doesn't matter how beautiful the place is, customers will not return for a mediocre cut because you serve wine and cappachino. You also want to cater to your stylists so they don't leave with their customers to find freedom and respect.

To have her husband quit his job and come work with her is the most ridiculous thing I saw there. There is no need for a manager to wander around! Since she is a stylist herself you have to wonder what she was thinking. Certainly she worked in several before she opened her own.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3176165;
    I was a hair stylist for 25 years. There is NO way a stylist would or should put up with those rules and utter nonsense going on in that salon. Clearly they were fresh out of school and had no other options or just didn't know any better.

Rule #1. Make the salon attractive to clients and have a good location. Then sit back and wait for experienced stylists to come to you and bring their clilentelle with them. Or actively persue them, of course. Producing good cuts is the only road to a successful business. It doesn't matter how beautiful the place is, customers will not return for a mediocre cut because you serve wine and cappachino. You also want to cater to your stylists so they don't leave with their customers to find freedom and respect.

To have her husband quit his job and come work with her is the most ridiculous thing I saw there. There is no need for a manager to wander around! Since she is a stylist herself you have to wonder what she was thinking. Certainly she worked in several before she opened her own.
    Excellent input! I used to work in a salon (back in the early 90's, doing nails), have several friends who do hair, & my mother has been doing hair since 1960 (she now has salons in several local retirment homes ~ the residents/patrons are aged 55 & older, & the salons are closed evenings & weekends. It's a really nice fit for her age & lifestyle, & it's convenient for the clients, since they live in the same building as the salon)...anyway, as you said, it's important to make a great first impression with the atmosphere, but you have to have skilled stylists if you want clients to come back. And I could not agree more about treating your stylists with respect. If someone is good, & has the clientele to back it up, they certainly don't need to put up with a micro-managing boss who makes them feel degraded or inept. The amount of turnover that that salon had was insane. I hope they do another update at the end of the season on all the salons Tabs visits.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

+ Reply to Thread