+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Tabatha Takes Over (Bravo)

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar

Re: Tabatha's Salon Takeover (Bravo)

I'm always amazed when the salon owners don't even know how their business performs. Even if the owner isn't a stylist themselves they should at least track the business, they should care about where their money is being made or lost. If they can't do this themselves then they should hire people who can.

Tabatha really just sets down some basic business guidelines:

1. A clean, inviting environment.
    2. Good customer service and professional behavior.
    3. Competent service, followed up with continuing education.
    4. Actively market and promote the business.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

Quote Originally Posted by Chorita KaBoom;3209474;
    I'm always amazed when the salon owners don't even know how their business performs. Even if the owner isn't a stylist themselves they should at least track the business, they should care about where their money is being made or lost. If they can't do this themselves then they should hire people who can.

Tabatha really just sets down some basic business guidelines:

1. A clean, inviting environment.
    2. Good customer service and professional behavior.
    3. Competent service, followed up with continuing education.
    4. Actively market and promote the business
    EXACTLY! - Years ago - I worked part time for a salon doing light maintenance and repairs, but once in a while I would fill in at the desk and do other stuff, and the four things you posted were paramount!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

FORT Fan

Am I the only person who watched last night? Say it isn't so!

What on earth was Tim thinking that him taking home $8,000/month was fair? He seemed to genuinely have no clue that Kathy put in $230,000 and he put in nothing - ergo - she should get the larger percentage of the income. He "has expenses at home". Give me a break! If he has monthly home expenses of $8,000 then he is doing something wrong.

Julianne should have been let go. Her general twitchiness and blank stares made me think that she's pharmaceutically enhanced. I wouldn't want to go to a salon where that is tolerated.

Quote Originally Posted by justgart;3202797;
    I think the owner just wanted a free renovation (new chairs, mirrors, etc.) of her salon, and not really a makeover of the way she does business.

My take on the hon, sweetheart name calling: I think Tabatha does not like that as it gives the impression that you dont really remember the customer. Personally, i find it much better when someone remembers me by name. And if they greet me by my name when I enter their establishment, it makes me feel that they know me. As the 'cheers' theme song goes, sometime you wanna go where everybody knows your name.
    and `F*** this and that and you' is much nicer way to interact with people and teach them customer skills. Am I the only person who sees the ludicracy in this???? Please tell me I'm not the only person who thinks reading Miss Manners isn't some sort of archaic concept?
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

Although I am not a regular viewer and I sorta hate/liked Tabatha when she won her season I didn't think they anyone could successfully produce a show around her. Well, I was wrong. She comes in and cuts throught the BS in a business and tells them harsh facts they don't want to hear. I am amazed at how some owners and partners take money out of the business to maintain a very lavish lifestyle and yet put nothing back into the business. They treat it like a cash cow but do nothing to maintain the cow's health. If Tabatha ever was interested in doing The Apprentice I think she would be brilliant.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

If I were Tim, I would have fired Mazi ON THE SPOT for the way she treated that client. It was TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE. I work in a call center and if I was caught speaking to a customer like that I would be fired on the spot. In fact, my boyfriend was fired (we both work, or worked at the same call center) because he raised his voice at a customer last week. That's not typical of him but he hated his job and was having a bad day and already got a better job anyway. They did him a favor actually. I get the impression that this was not the first time Mazi had done this. Besides all that, I would never want a stylist that had that hairstyle and makeup work on my hair anyway.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

With some of these stylists, I think the swearing is the only thing that will get through to them.

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3211721;
    If I were Tim, I would have fired Mazi ON THE SPOT for the way she treated that client. It was TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE. I get the impression that this was not the first time Mazi had done this. Besides all that, I would never want a stylist that had that hairstyle and makeup work on my hair anyway.
    Totally agree with you on this one. What was up with Julie? always tell Tabatha what she thought she wanted to here- OKAY.. I would have dumped her also.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

FORT Regular

I didn't care for Tabatha on SG-- I found her very rude to that one guy she was regularly out to get-- but I love her on this show. She's witty and knows what she's saying.
    One thing I find interesting about this show is that in every episode, there's always the one employee with the attitude.
    I have to add... I'm always amazed at how the show designers transform the salon; the transformations have been nothing but excellent each episode. Just like the houses built on Extreme Makover Edition.. I love seeing the new look of the salons on this show.

I find this show to be really boring...who cares about some old woman who comes in to check on her business?!
    Think Before You Act...."We Were Here All Together Yesterday" Stole Stole Stole

+ Reply to Thread