+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High School Musical

High School Musical

I guess I'm the only one watching this. I couldn't find a thread for it, if there was one.

Anyway - finally a decent reality TV show without the backbiting, that I can watch with my kids. The girls (8 and 5 years old) love this, and are learning a little about how to be a better performer.

If anyone's watching ... I wonder how Shayna's boyfriend is liking this so far. I wouldn't be surprised if he decided to move on - not that she's going to have any trouble finding a new guy!

FORT Regular

Re: High School Musical

I'm so glad to see a thread about this show -- thank you!!!!

I was very skeptical the first time I watched this show; I was expecting to see a total Disney cheese-fest, but I have actually been very surprised by how much I am enjoying it. I love the fact that even once the kids are dropped, that they still get to stay and particpate in the show. I think the chorus is a wonderful idea, and I like how they still let them interact with the kids still in the running. It's almost like you didn't win, but you don't lose, either (if that makes any sense ). As for Shayna, I don't get her at all. I was so glad to see her taken down a notch but being put in the chorus. While I agree, she did have a tremendous musical background, her superior attitude was awful. I would be willing to bet that she is going to have some explaining to do to her boyfriend when she goes back home. I hated to see Bailey go to the chorus already, but I knew it was going to happen. I guess Tierney is my favorite, in fact, she's my whole family's favorite at this point.

The kids sit and watch this with me too.

I have really enjoyed it, and I like watching them interact and perform and learn to be better people and all.

I love the chorus idea, they all are good and they made it this far and by having the chorus they are still learning things they need to know to become better.

Bailey, she has a good voice, but something about her, I was just not a favorite of hers from the get go, I just didn't care for her. I think it was a little bit of that since of entitlement or that I am going to win no matter what attitude that she showed a little of.

Our favorite is Stan. There is just something so likable, so innocent and so boy-next door about him that we all like him. My son is named Tiernan, so he kinda likes Tierney, which is funny.
    "That which does not kill us, only makes us stronger"

Bailey bugged me from the audition shows and is the only one I've been actively rooting against. I like Tierney a lot - I think she has the whole package and seems like a genuinely nice person.

Oh good.

I thought I was the only one. I was kinda routing for her not to make it on the audition shows. In fact there was one guy that i really wanted to make it instead, he was new to the singing thing, and i really liked him, kinda like Stan.
    "That which does not kill us, only makes us stronger"

I love love love Tierney . I feel like she has the best voice over all, and the guy with the reddish hair has a good voice too. I agree with you'all about Bailey, so over the top!!! I also love the idea of chorus very brilliant! Makes the leaving less harsh.
    "But pride where there is a real superiority of mind, pride is always under good regulation." ~Mr. Darcy, Pride and Prejudice~

Bailey's incessant bawling at every "elimination" was overly annoying, especially considering I already didn't like her due to the cockiness.

Not sure any of the guys are blowing me away. I liked Andrew, but more for attitude than ability.

FORT Regular

From the previews before the show actually began, it looked like they were really trying to sell T.J. I was expecting something really outstanding from him, but I haven't seen it yet. He is a very nice guy with a sweet Mom, and I think he does have talent, but he has not been a stand-out up to this point. I do like James, but I still feel like Tierney has this "in the bag" unless something unexpected happens. I think Nick Lachey is doing an excellent job as the host, too. I think he has a very good connection with the kids. I definitely look forward to this show every week.

I guess we're going to 1 elimination per week. Anyone know how much longer this is supposed to go? Glad James survived - I'm hoping he wasn't truly 2nd to last, and it just looked that way.

FORT Regular

James is such a cutie, isn't he? I can't believe that he was actually next to last, either. Have they ever actually confirmed that the names are called in order of how you performed, or other than the top performer is this just a random thing. Sometimes I think they just want us to assume that this is what they are doing. May I just say that I absolutely cannot stand Shayna! I know these are just kids, but she has some major, major growing up to do. The way that she teases Stan is just unbelievable. She is always practically sitting in his lap, but at the same time saying they are like brother and sister. I don't know many brothers and sisters that behave that way toward each other. And then to be all lovey dovey with her boyfriend on the phone -- I think she has some serious issues. I also do not care for Christina. She seems to get on my last nerve every show. I really wish she would be the next one sent to chorus. I love Tierney, James and Stan, and I would be happy with any of the three of them winning.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast