+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Million Dollar Listing

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Re: Million Dollar Listing

Ugh, I'm watching this right now. I miss that old married couple who sold houses together and Scotty Brown. I'm trying to remember Madison from the first season, but am having a hard time. He is the most likable though. Josh and Chad both need a good ass-kicking.

I have to admit I wasn't going to watch this show at all. It has now become my guilty pleasure. Something wants to make me go out and just shave Chad's head just to get that mushroom child like haircut of his to go away!

I can't wait to see how Joel McHale rips on these guys this week! lol

Wow, this show is pure garbage. I don't know how they combined amazing awe inspiring real estate with young attractive salesmen, and produced this dirty diaper of a show.

Bowl-Cut Chad speaks as though he's reading from cue cards, I seriously think he's gota sub 100 IQ. I just cannot get over the slow way he talks, while saying nothing that isn't obvious or completely trivial. Telling the Art Thief that his boss wanted nothing to do with him, and then calling his boss so that we could hear that his boss really didn't want Arth Thief involved is so tragically needy. The longing for his Dad who is IN THE SAME ROOM WITH HIM is so ridiculous as to be funny, not sad. You want to improve your relationship? Add up all the time you spend shellacking your Mushroom cut, talking about yourself, and listening to emo music, and you'll have about... 23 Free hours every day!

this show is vile. Madison is ok, but none of these guys are particularly bright.. they're just pretty... vacant.
    "Man is Elyse [top model] ever thin. Makes me want to go to the gym. Right after I eat my sandwich." - Giz
    "Every time you donít buy CoverGirl cosmetics, Jesus cries" - SnowflakeGirl
    "And I'm also tired of people saying "OMG I'LL NEVER WATCH AGAIINNN". Come on now. ANTM is cocaine and you are the lindsay lohans who crave it" - queenegoist

yeah, this show sucks. What really bugs me is that there are SO many real estate shows - about agents, or about investors, rennovating/remodeling- but most of them are really dumb. I love real estate stuff! It can be so interesting, but none of these shows delve into the interesting aspects of real estate.
    I agree that the older couple from a season or two ago were much more interesting than these guys (and the haircut on Chad is so distracting that I really don't hear anything he says, too in awe of the fact that a 30 year old would want that haircut).

I'm totally addicted to this show, it's got quite the cast of characters.

Chad- so delusional and needy. He clearly needs continual affirmation and thinks all his money is making him happy. When he was getting his hair cut on the current episode and refused to change the style, it also showed what a control freak he is. Personally though, I would rather but realestate from him over the 21 year old.

Josh- this kid is just a freak. I can't believe he has any clients. He acts like a 21 year old, has no maturity to him, and I'm not shocked that he has been caught stealing art. He is so unprofessional. All the scenes this past week with Dr. Sam were so uncomfortable. Where he is sitting in his office eating the caviar, making uncomfortable silences, and then staying around after Dr. Sam left to eat and drink more. Also, at the end when he rolls up at Dr. Sam's house with the mask on. Great for the party, but who comes up to someones house they are doing business with, with a mask on their face. It's probably his art stealing costume. It was very telling when he was having lunch with his grandma, and he told her he was expecting to inherit everything. He clearly comes from wealth and is just expecting more handouts. I'm sure he has made lots of money doing real estate but I'm also sure he is going to blow most of it on completly frivolous things, like lawyer fees for getting out of prison.

Madison- I don't mind him. He was quite the first season and he would be the first out of the group I would pick to sell me a house. He is the only one who doesn't give off a really slimy vibe.

Okay, does anyone really think that college kid actually bought that house that was on the market for almost 5million? He was going to share the house with some of his college buds.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3165432;
    Okay, does anyone really think that college kid actually bought that house that was on the market for almost 5million? He was going to share the house with some of his college buds.
    Uhh, it was painfully obvious that Mommy and Daddy bought that house and not the college student. I reaaaaally hate parents that do that s**t because it teaches most kids absolutely nothing. I have had to work for everything I have gotten in my life.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yardgnome;3165301;
    Great for the party, but who comes up to someones house they are doing business with, with a mask on their face. It's probably his art stealing costume. It was very telling when he was having lunch with his grandma, and he told her he was expecting to inherit everything.

I didn't see the show...was he telling his grandma he expected her to leave him everything; or that he'd eventually inherit everything from his parents? Either way, what an obnoxious thing to say. If he were my only living heir, I wouldn't leave all my money to him. I'd donate it to a university or a hospital or an orphanage and leave him 10 grand ... maybe.

He was saying this to his grandma. His grandma, a very smart woman, said all the money is going to a charity unless he can demonstrate that he can save money. He responded with something like, "give me 10 million and I will invest that." His grandma seemed disappointed. The whole conversation showed his level of maturity. I really hope his grandma holds her ground. Plus, with the money he is bringing in, why does he need her money anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by psycobabe007;3165465;
    Uhh, it was painfully obvious that Mommy and Daddy bought that house and not the college student. I reaaaaally hate parents that do that s**t because it teaches most kids absolutely nothing. I have had to work for everything I have gotten in my life.
    I think the kid actually said something to the effect that his parents were buying him that house. But knowing how "real" these shows, especially the ones on Bravo are, I still have my doubts that anyone bought that house.

To me, it looked too stage.....the realtor shows up at the house, the kid shows up at the house, they do a walk through - and the kid really isn't looking at the home's features, etc., and then he is ready to write up an offer. Right! Cut to the end of the show, kid meets realtor at the house, after the closing, and the realtor has the kitchen island loaded up with goodies as a thank you for the business.

In the real world, wouldn't mommy and daddy like to see where their money is going to go? Wouldn't there be a home inspection? Wouldn't the kid be a little more excited about the idea of getting out of a tiny dorm room or apt., and moving into a palace?

It just seemed rather fake to me. Like it was all done for TV.

I do hope it was all fake and that kid is really stuck in a crummy dorm or apt., not something so lavish that his parents just gave to him with no stirngs attached! To me, he did not look all that scholarly either....more of a partier rather than a dedicated student. JMO I, like you, hate when parents give their kids everything just because they can.

+ Reply to Thread