+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ashley Paige: Bikini or Bust

FORT Newbie

Ashley Paige: Bikini or Bust

This is a new show on TLC that aired about a few weeks ago. It's half documentary/half soap opera about her daily struggles of being an independent fashion designer - swimsuits to be exact. I watched the premiere of the show and I actually like her swimsuits. But I can't believe there is only one knitter, Juan. That could get a little stressful! I guess it helps when you only have 1 store though. I like how they're knitted swimsuits and not the norm. Has anyone else seen or heard of it?

Re: Ashley Paige: Bikini or Bust

I caught bits and pieces. What I saw wasn't so bad, actually.

FORT Newbie

I didn't think it was that bad either, quite enjoyed it really

FORT Newbie

I caught this show and I think its a strange premise, but I guess it gives us a better idea of what designers go through just to get their name out.

What baffles me is that she could EASILY sell to Kitson in LA, but yet shes so stuck on releasing on a handful of swimwear and so selective where she sells it, yet then she goes to a distributor and sells her soul away. I think she might want to design a more classic/normal line and then follow it up with more runway stuff for higher end clients. I checked out her website and it looks like she is only carrying the line through her studio still.

Then theres the financial decisions - how can she cover the salaries of all her employees and a $4000 rent check monthly, if she doesn't want to sell anything? And her mom looking for a job at Job Labor. Thats really sad, definitely a producer setup imo.

I don't know if this show will take off, I do like her designs, but it is more about her "hairbrained ideas" and quick money making schemes and less about the designs. I don't know if I'll continue to watch it...

Why on earth is this show even on TV. They might as well point the camera at the table that "Jenn" painted on Design Star and let us watch the paint dry.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristoferHawke;3145744;
    Why on earth is this show even on TV. They might as well point the camera at the table that "Jenn" painted on Design Star and let us watch the paint dry.
    ANYTHING but that! Please. I hate paint-mad woman. I'd rather watch bikini dog washing

LoL! So true. I watched some of it and I happen to catch Paige on an episode of 'Janice Dickenson Modeling Agency.'

She came across on both shows as stupid & boring; not a good combo.

Unfortunanetly, the same seems to be true of her mother.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Laurelee;3144174;
    I caught this show and I think its a strange premise, but I guess it gives us a better idea of what designers go through just to get their name out.

What baffles me is that she could EASILY sell to Kitson in LA, but yet shes so stuck on releasing on a handful of swimwear and so selective where she sells it, yet then she goes to a distributor and sells her soul away. I think she might want to design a more classic/normal line and then follow it up with more runway stuff for higher end clients. I checked out her website and it looks like she is only carrying the line through her studio still.

Then theres the financial decisions - how can she cover the salaries of all her employees and a $4000 rent check monthly, if she doesn't want to sell anything? And her mom looking for a job at Job Labor. Thats really sad, definitely a producer setup imo.

I don't know if this show will take off, I do like her designs, but it is more about her "hairbrained ideas" and quick money making schemes and less about the designs. I don't know if I'll continue to watch it...

Yea I agree. I glanced at her website too and she only has that one store that she's selling her line in. Can you order her swimsuits online though? I didn't check that part out. At least she can admit that she's horrible at the business-side of it. I keep thinking that she shouldn't be doing it on her own then. She should hire a business partner and have them handle it. But if she's so specific about things, then I wonder how she'd handle a partner making decisions for her. I do love the face of how much of an animal lover she is though - and has her own rescue foundation. That's pretty honorable.

FORT Newbie

You can't order her bathing suits online, as far as I know. Her swimsuits are custom orders - one of a kinds. I believe she uses mostly vintage fabrics and she caters to the Hollywood elite. Her name is all over the place and I have heard of her even before her episode of the Janice Dickinson Modeling Agency. I think she is a very talented designer- did anyone see what she put together for LA Fashion Week in such a short period of time - or the photos she took for her Look Book? Pretty remarkable. The reason she can't start mass producing her line is because she is so strapped for cash that she can't get ahead of herself and plan anything.

AMEN! I hate when they do reality shows on mediocre people no one has heard of. And this woman is a nut case! I watched the show once and all she seemed to do was whine and cry. It was uncomfortable to watch. She has money problems but carries a huge Louis Vuitton bag and buys those expensive drinks. And how does she pay her staff and why does she have five assistants?
    I'm sure she is a talented designer but she needs to get her priorities straight and go see a financial advisor.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast