+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wanna Bet?

Wanna Bet?

Who actually thought this show was a good idea? Basically its the classic lemon "Real People", combined with David Letterman's "Stupid Human Tricks", with celebs betting on the outcome of the stunts.

And having it hosted by the ultra-lame Ant & Dec (if you've ever visited the U.K. and seen just about ANY reality show there you've seen these two idiots)? Bad idea #2.

And these aren't even bad guest celebrities. They just seem really wasted on this.
    Last edited by Krom; 07-21-2008 at 10:25 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Re: Wanna Bet?

OK, I'll bite.

I wasn't going to watch this show until my kids saw the commercials. So I did. Was I entertained? Yes - not by the show, but by my kids reaction to it (same thing with Wipeout and Japanese Game Show). Through the eyes of a 10, 8, and 5 year old, these 3 shows are entertaining.

Better than Spongebob or HMontana.

I actually like the Japanese gameshow--there's more too it than stupid stunts.

But Wipeout? Yeah, along with this "Bet" show I agree that its pretty juvenile.

Because I HATE Nashville Star, I actually flipped once more to this... questionable show. About 7 minutes in.

To see a man kicking himself in the head repeatedly.

Seriously.

That was the challenge. He had to kick himself in the head fifty times in three minutes (yes, he's wearing protective headgear).

But Tom Bergeron as a panelist/better? Okay, THAT'S hilarious. Also, that guy from L.A. Law and Major League who hasn't worked in a decade or so. Heh. Again, I actually like the panelists, even if I hate the hosts and the dumb stunts.

EDIT:

The "thrilling" second stunt:

Two guys driving giant tractors, who have to squeeze a piece of uncooked spaghetti between plates attached to the tractors, then move the spaghetti between the moving tractors 50 feet and drop it into a pot of sauce, within 2 1/2 minutes, without breaking the spaghetti.

I am not making this up.

No they couldn't do it.
    Last edited by Krom; 07-28-2008 at 10:25 PM.

+ Reply to Thread