+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Queen Bees

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

The Queen Bees

did anyone catch this one? it airs on fridays at 8:30pm ET on "the n" (when did nickelodeon change to this weird name?)

Shows | The N — Queen Bees

Seven queen bees think they're competing to be the biggest diva, but instead they find they've been sent to LA by fed-up friends and family to get a mean-girl makeover. The girl who changes the most will win $25,000. But, for these bossy backstabbers, change isn't easy and Dr. Michelle (The Tyra Banks Show) and Yoanna House (America's Top Model) have their work cut out for them. Can these meanie babies bloom into sweeties? You'll have to watch to find out.

This time, the mean girls get stung.
    i have to admit, it was rather intriguing ... and i loved seeing these divas get knocked down a notch or two. instead of glamorizing and rewarding bad behaviors, like shows like "bad girls" or "my super sweet 16", this one is challenging these girls to treat people with respect. i like the message they're giving, if anything.

and i must say, the beauty pageant in the first episode was HILARIOUS.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    having it judged by blind people was perfect ... and some of the girls' true colors came out right there on stage!

i think shavon is my least favorite ... she reminds me so much of omarosa, from 'the apprentice'
    Last edited by barefootdyke; 07-13-2008 at 09:21 AM.

Re: The Queen Bees

I just caught this last night during a bout of insomnia...I have to admit it won't take insomnia to have me watch again. What a hoot! Those girls were awful! And I agree, Shavon is definitely Omarosa with training wheels. I almost puked when she got a star. I certainly hope she learns a thing or two.

Nickelodeon hasn't changed it's name, its still out there. The "N" is Nickelodeon's teen channel.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd;3127538;
    Nickelodeon hasn't changed it's name, its still out there. The "N" is Nickelodeon's teen channel.
    ha! how weird ... since nickelodeon is actually an mtv network, which is a 'teen' channel. or at least it used to be when my kids were little.

FORT Regular

I really like this show, LOL

shavon is a hoot! I think its so much fun because they are forced to be around people who are just like them..

and let me tell you , some of those girls are as gorgy as they think!

Well, my cable does not carry the "N" but thankfully I checked out their website at the-n.com and was able to watch the entire first episode. They are going by episode name and in this case it is "Appearances".

My least favorite are Isabelle and Shavon. Both have attitudes but Shavon is very negative and it really shows on her face.

Oh, a comment to the two girls who take their boyfriends paychecks. That's either theft or prostitution take your pick.

I really do not find the majority of the girls attractive. Of yes, they are slim and t she wore during the reveal of the progess report chart was awful. She is slouching forward and is not very attractive in a strapless dress.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I love this show and these girls are unbelievable. It's fantastic.
    shut up, tyty.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3133699;
    Well, my cable does not carry the "N" but thankfully I checked out their website at the-n.com and was able to watch the entire first episode. They are going by episode name and in this case it is "Appearances".

My least favorite are Isabelle and Shavon. Both have attitudes but Shavon is very negative and it really shows on her face.

Oh, a comment to the two girls who take their boyfriends paychecks. That's either theft or prostitution take your pick.

I really do not find the majority of the girls attractive. Of yes, they are slim and t she wore during the reveal of the progess report chart was awful. She is slouching forward and is not very attractive in a strapless dress.
    I just noticed that my commentary was cut off and doesn't make too much sense. That has happened to me at least 2 or 3 times in the last month or so. Anyway, I hope I can remember what I originally typed. Overall I don't think the girls are all that physically attractive. Yes, they are all slim and clean. They seem to have a good handle on what clothes to wear for their body types and how to style their hair and how to apply makeup. Based on facial features alone and without makeup I would say Michelle is the prettiest and Brittani is second. Except I don't like Brittani's hair it looks dry or flyaway. It is overprocessed. It is not shiny at all.

While I like and admire Yoanna House, the America's Next Top Winner as the host, I do not always like her choice of dresses. Yoanna is talk and slim, yet she tends to hunch over and it sinks in her chest and does not do any favors for her breasts profiles. The strapless dress she wore during the first progress chart draped horribly under her bustline and did not flatter her figure at all. Also I hated the way she styled her hair. She should have worn in up. Heidi Klum of Bravo's Project Runway is a prime example of how a model should dress as a host.

episode two: Teasing is online at the-n.com. I have seen only about half of it and I have two words to say to Kiana: Proactive. Murad.

Occasional FORT Poster lizzybird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Claritin;3134880;
    I love this show and these girls are unbelievable. It's fantastic.
    This has quickly become my favorite television show. It's soooo deliciously bad, but good! I cannot wait to see tomorrow's episode when the girls are in a dark room with (what appears to be) below-average guys! Niiiice!

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd;3127538;
    I almost puked when she got a star. I certainly hope she learns a thing or two.
    They gave her the star because they knew it would be the only on she'd ever get.

One of the blonde girls keeps doing up her hair in the ugliest ways possible, what's up with that?

One of them has a fiancee, and she's only 19, again what's up with that?

+ Reply to Thread