+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Greatest American Dog

Greatest American Dog

10 minutes in, and I'm finding this (very) surprisingly entertaining.

Of course it could all go down the drain, but they're playing it to show the quirks of the owners even more than the dogs, and that appears to be the way to go.

In some ways its actually very "generic reality show", but if you can swallow that, there's some entertainment to be had.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Premium Member

Re: Greatest American Dog

I saw the commercial where one woman said her dog was her soulmate, I wonder if Deanna from the Bachelorette thinks of Jesse as her dog sorry my bad.

It's a canine version of Big Brother! So far it's pretty entertaining, and it will fill in the gap before SYTYCD.

That skateboarding bulldog I believe is the same one who's been slapped all over YouTube, and who also appeared on Oprah.

I guess its supposed to be ironic that this Laura girl, according to her bio, most recently appeared in the movie "Alpha Dog.” Still, she's surprisingly tolerable for your classic reality show Actress/Something Else. I loved her aside comment to her dog, after they lost the Musical Chairs thing, about walking over to "hang out with the losers".

Quote Originally Posted by Jezebella;3124362;
    It's a canine version of Big Brother!
    I never thought of that!

It is!

But a bit less mean spirited so far.

Well except for tossing somebody into a dog house.

This "my dog is my best friend" woman is hilariously deluded. Getting married with her dog as her "flower girl"?

Border Collies rule. That JD dude is right.

Bill & Star are hilariously rustic too. He's like out of central casting for "aw shucks".

The constant dog puns are getting VERY old though.

The camerawork on this is pretty good too. They really captured the bulldog's baleful glare when that little rat dog stole his ride!

This show is very interesting. I have been watching ever since it started. Its a very cute show all together

It's interesting that we are getting little bits of "Dog Whispery" training info tossed in as well. I wonder if that was on purpose, or if it just kind of slipped in because the judges needed to say something.

Certainly I already knew the stuff about how the dog takes his cues from your body language, but the stuff about the lip licking being a stress signal was new to me.

I'm liking it, even though I didn't think I would. I have two spoiled rotten dachshunds, and I hope to learn a few tricks to teach them.

FORT Fanatic

What's interesting is two of the people who had the weirdest relationship, Dog is my soulmate, and married with my dog. They were 2 out of the 3 people in the bottom three. The better trained dogs, were treated as dogs.

Galazy is a cool dog, and I like Travis and his dog too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezebella;3124395;
    I'm liking it, even though I didn't think I would. I have two spoiled rotten dachshunds, and I hope to learn a few tricks to teach them.
    Good luck! My spoiled rotten dachshund actually waddled up to the television and growled at it while I was watching this show.

I enjoyed the show. I'm looking forward to seeing what challenges they come up with for such a wide variety of dogs.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast