+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Greatest American Dog

Re: Greatest American Dog

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick;3136717;
    I felt sorry for Tillman seeing how bad he wanted that steak. He didn't understand why he couldn't have it, and it was right there.
    LOL, Poor guy. Tillman is my favorite but I like all the dogs, it's the owners that bother me. They all seem to love their dogs and that's a good thing.

Bill and Star, the hip hop guy and his dog, and the lady who won and her dog were the three most enjoyable dances to watch.

Bill went the most out of his comfort zone, the routine wasn't complex, but he and his dog were in synch.

Hip Hop guy had the most complex routine and would have won it hands down if that was the only criteria.

The Lady who won, won for the joy of watching her routine. She and her dog were in almost perfect synch, but what struck me the most was her dog seemed to be smiling and looking to her for guidance the entire dance. It really was a true joy to watch and her dog seemed to be having FUN! Which I think was the true point of the exercise.

But all three really did a outstanding job with a very hard challenge.

Sorry I don't know names, I just started watching two weeks ago.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3158197;
    I want to add after edit time that my favorite moment of the show was when Bill lost control of Star and Star leapt out of the ring and pandered to the judges. I was laughing as hard as they were. I think Star's real goal on the podium was the bichon (?) sorry, I can't remember its name, at the end. Maybe Star was performing for the bichon.
    That was my favorite moment too. I love Bill & Star.

I'm glad that Brandi is gone. I liked Beacon though...actually I like all the dogs. I do miss Tillman. But can you imagine him dancing? I don't think they would've made it.

Somehow I missed the show this past week! I can't believe I missed it! But I'm glad to hear Brandi is the one who is out...I love her dog, Beacon, but the owner was so darn irritating.

How did the Boxer Presley do? I have a Boxer dog and I've been enjoying seeing Presley on the show.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit007;3159918;

How did the Boxer Presley do? I have a Boxer dog and I've been enjoying seeing Presley on the show.
    They had a cowboy themed dance and it went over pretty much like a lead balloon. The judges called Travis on calling for tricks and not really interacting in a fun way with the dance. However, Travis did look hot.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Awww, that's too bad. Well, I still love Boxers, hopefully they will do better next week.

I love this show. It has heart.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Premium Member

Glad Lori and Preston are out, she tried to sell Beth Joy down the river saying she was abusing her dog :nono, just to cover the fact her painting sucked and she rushed through it.

The judging on this particular episode seemed both arbitrary and subjective. Judging ART? Come on.

I can understand looking for creative concepts, but actually going that step further and judging execution is pretty thorny. And not giving ANY credit to smaller dogs being able to do anything at ALL? That's just silly.

The little Beth Joy/Laura shouting match was just a distraction. The real problem was with the whole task, and maybe with these judges who look at the surface most of the time and no deeper.

That said, the characters on this show, both canine and human, are generally still better than most reality shows. But as usual... the judging ruins everything.

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3165063;
    Glad Lori and Preston are out, she tried to sell Beth Joy down the river saying she was abusing her dog :nono, just to cover the fact her painting sucked and she rushed through it.
    It seems like she didn't plan to reveal the name of which dog was involved until asked. So she has to get a tiny bit of credit for that. But yes, she meant to divert attention from herself, and that in of itself wasn't that great an idea, because it rarely works.

And I do think it was made pretty clear that it took her tiny dog a ton of time to do anything. I don't think the problem was a work ethic--that's just the snap judgment of that snooty British judge. Who makes snap judgments on every episode.

Given how freely Laura spoke about the size of the dog being a problem in the interview, I found myself wondering why she didn't bring it up at judging. Then I realized she probably DID bring it up and it was edited out. I mean the sequence of events makes little sense otherwise. The stuff about not wanting to push her dog too hard like "others" makes more sense in that context.
    Last edited by Krom; 08-13-2008 at 09:04 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I am so glad Bill repaid the favor by giving the golden bone win to Teresa.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

+ Reply to Thread