+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Greatest American Dog

FORT Regular

Re: Greatest American Dog

Quote Originally Posted by serpentina;3149751;
    Geez Brandy, jealous much?!
    Isn't Brandy engaged? I thought in the first episode she said she was, Beacon was her flower girl (or whatever) and that everyone was invited. Was there another psycho girl already gone that I'm confusing her with? I know it wasn't Kenji's owner and that's the only female eliminated, right?

Quote Originally Posted by moosemommy1213;3152218;
    Isn't Brandy engaged? I thought in the first episode she said she was, Beacon was her flower girl (or whatever) and that everyone was invited. Was there another psycho girl already gone that I'm confusing her with? I know it wasn't Kenji's owner and that's the only female eliminated, right?
    Yup, that's her! Regardless, she's probably jealous because she wasn't the center of attention.

It really upset me to see Leroy get treated like that. I actually do not believe they should have even used the word "angry". There is no way I could have done those things to my dog even if I did want to win. Did you see the way he cowered over by his owner during the photo shot? Bless his heart, he should have been out somewhere in a field doing what border collies do best.

FORT Fan

I agree, I didn't like the way she put that "band" on poor Leroy's mouth

I was sad to see sweet Tilman leave...I love him

Now I am totally rooting for young Presley...he has been doing an awesome job. I loved the episode where he dutifully pushed the cart on his hind legs.

All the dogs are so lovable...the owners not so much. I like Preston but I can't stand his jealous owner and I hope she is next to leave

Gooooooooooooooo Presley

And I think she should have been the one to go home for that fact alone.

Quote Originally Posted by southern_girl;3153168;
    It really upset me to see Leroy get treated like that. I actually do not believe they should have even used the word "angry". There is no way I could have done those things to my dog even if I did want to win. Did you see the way he cowered over by his owner during the photo shot? Bless his heart, he should have been out somewhere in a field doing what border collies do best.
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon

Write for HubPages.

I didn't like the way she put that "band" on poor Leroy's mouth
    The band was at most a momentary annoyance, an irritant. What really hurt the dog was the hours of spraying grapefruit juice (= mild acid) into his eyes.

All the dogs are so lovable...the owners not so much. I like Preston but I can't stand his jealous owner and I hope she is next to leave
    I think you may have either dogs or owners mixed up a bit. Preston's owner is Laura, the brunette. Admittedly she produced those snarl bands for Teresa to use on Leroy, but considering the alternative (acid being sprayed in his eyes) it might have seemed the lesser of two evils.

The woman we saw act jealous was Brandy, who's dog is named Beacon. The human end of the soap opera appears to be that two episodes ago, Travis randomly got Brandy picked as a partner in a contest, they won the contest, and now she thinks there's some kind of "thing" going on between them because of that (and her bio says she's got a boyfriend at home as well--maybe not if he's seen her on this show now). They co-won that Dog Bone Suite, but he made his lack of interest in her pretty clear by abandoning his half of the reward and leaving her to occupy the room alone. Meanwhile, we saw him continuously hitting on Laura, who seems to like the guy but not be that aggressively on the hunt for a major "showmance". Flash forward to this past show, where Travis is asking Laura if she has a boyfriend, she says no, and then Brandy acts like a jealous wife.

Feh. The portions with the dogs are MUCH more interesting. I'm not surprised its that easy to mix up some of the "human" stuff.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

It's been hit and miss for me with this show, but I caught most of this "photo shoot" episode and fell in love. It makes me want to have a dog again! I agree with an earlier post - I'm having an easier time remembering the dogs' names than the humans'.

I was sad to see Tillman go. English bull dogs just make me smile with their wrinkly grins.

Galaxy's totally cool, but I think Star's a sweetie, too. It's hard to know who to root for. I wish the dogs could stay and we could vote out just the owners.

FORT Fan

Thanks....I am sorry....yes I dislike "Brandy", the blond girl who supposedly was going to get married??

I like all the dogs...especially cute Presley LOL....love him

FORT Fan

Yes....I wish all the dogs could stay...the owners NOT so much LOL

The show is fun and entertaining I must say, a really pleasant surprise. I actually like the "old school" formula of challenges, eliminations, mixed in with in house craziness and drama. Refreshing after so many new "reality" shows that seem so aimless. I love this show...my dvr is locked on this one LOL. I also loved Groomer Has It. Maybe they should do more reality shows about pets??

Lord.

The first few minutes of tonight's show confirmed that Brandy is fully as stupid as Beth Joy. Dressing that poor pooch in an outfit so ludicrous (and I bet unconfortable) that even Beth Joy probably winced at it. It takes a really selfish human being to do that to a dog and justify it with some lame logic that the dog somehow "enjoys" the outfit. No they don't. YOU the human being do, at their expense.

While I disagree somewhat with Travis when he stated that "dogs just want to please us", I found Laurie's analysis to be dead on. Dogs have feelings, true, but they aren't the same ones as humans, and to shoehorn them into little fake clones of us diminishes them. And hurts them too.

Bill understands how to treat his dog. With deep affection, with some amount of expectation of real communication, but not as a surrogate for a human being.
    Last edited by Krom; 08-06-2008 at 08:31 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread