+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Greatest American Dog

Re: Greatest American Dog

Trust me, my Jack Russell was obnoxious. I loved him dearly; I had him for nine years, and I'll definitely concede that he needed a more assertive owner than I. But after spending hundreds of dollars on training and behavioral therapy, I learned that some dogs are so incorrigible even trained professionals can't handle them. My brother's border collie will spend the day chasing geese off the golf course (her actual job), come home and mellow out. My Jack Russell would spend the day chasing balls at the park, come home and knock over the trashcan, poop on the carpet and hump my leg. He didn't have an off switch. Strangest thing of all, I still miss him. He's now living with a family that has kids and a yard ... and probably terrorizing them.

Quote Originally Posted by candor;3146104;
    Trust me, my Jack Russell was obnoxious. I loved him dearly; I had him for nine years, and I'll definitely concede that he needed a more assertive owner than I. But after spending hundreds of dollars on training and behavioral therapy, I learned that some dogs are so incorrigible even trained professionals can't handle them. My brother's border collie will spend the day chasing geese off the golf course (her actual job), come home and mellow out. My Jack Russell would spend the day chasing balls at the park, come home and knock over the trashcan, poop on the carpet and hump my leg. He didn't have an off switch. Strangest thing of all, I still miss him. He's now living with a family that has kids and a yard ... and probably terrorizing them.

Don't you mean "Terrierizing?"

Our JRT is almost 15! I swear, he is going to outlive me and he NEVER shuts down. He has lost his hearing, and at first I thought that it was more peaceful (as if!) because he stopped barking his head off at thunder/trucks/anything that "growled at him".... Then, he started just barking nonstop for NO reason. He barks for hours and he can't hear us calmly and assertively telling him to hush He's on dog Prozac because we boarded him at the vet for a week and they got so annoyed by the barking that they suggested drugs for him! We do love him dearly, but we've met our match and lost. No more JRT puppies are in our future!

We're looking forward to Greatest American Dog on Wednesday. I love the challenges and I can't wait to see what Mr. Andrew gets up to this week. I also think it would be hilarious to see Bella Scarlett and her owner in "the doghouse" - you know that would cause some drama!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Geez Brandy, jealous much?!

Quote Originally Posted by serpentina;3149751;
    Geez Brandy, jealous much?!
    Apparently Beth Joy isn't the ONLY psycho on this show.

And face it... between Brandy and Laura? I think Laura is the winner.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Premium Member

aww bye bye to Ron and Tillmann.

NOOOOOO. Not Tillman, please lord don't let Tilman get eliminated. Arrrrrggggg. That _itch with the blond hair and the miniature schnauzer should have gone. The judges really screwed up on this call. Curse them all.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristoferHawke;3150105;
    NOOOOOO. Not Tillman, please lord don't let Tilman get eliminated. Arrrrrggggg. That _itch with the blond hair and the miniature schnauzer should have gone. The judges really screwed up on this call. Curse them all.
    Hey, I sympathize. But Ron was kind of being a liar with his whole "we're just a simple guy and his dog who's never taken pictures" routine. Between all the web and newspaper coverage of that "Skateboarding Dog" YouTube video, the iPhone commercial Tillman appeared in, and the pooch appearing on Oprah, that Dog's been photographed a ton. And his career ain't gonna end with getting booted off this show.

You know what struck me as odd tonight. The insistence by that uptight judge lady that using the snarl bands for a few seconds was "inhumane" (and wouldn't the right phrase be "incanine"?). I mean, maybe. But it kind of got presented as if it was WORSE than spraying stuff in a dog's eyes to irritate him. Over and over and over again. Which to me was far worse.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

If they thought that it was so horribly inhumane she would have been booted.

Ron and Tillman got booted because Ron personified his word and was lazy. He didn't really put any thought into creating anything interesting with his photo. Oh, look Tillman's eyes are closed, he's lazy.

Granted he admitted he wasn't that creative, so it wasn't a easy challenge for him. But he got the absolute easiest word and tanked it. That's why he got the boot.

And Tillman was also on I've Got a Secret on Game Chanel. Very talented dog in the one trick he knows.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Besides Tillman, himself...What I'll miss with his dismissal is the bomp bomp music they played when he appeared. So - there are women with tiny dogs and men with mid-sized dogs left. Why does that sound so cliche?

I did like the sneaky photo the best. Very well thought out. I am enjoying this show, but every now and then I am concerned for the dogs who so slavishly follow their owners. Are the owners worthy?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I think that Tillman's photo would have been much better if his entire wrinkly. hilarious body had been in the picture instead of just his face. I blame his eviction entirely on Ron for making poor photographic choices.

I'm rooting for Star, Presley and Andrew now. They all seem like great dogs and I like the owners as well.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

+ Reply to Thread