+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Greatest American Dog

Re: Greatest American Dog

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3142912;
    There is this British lady dog whisperer () who comes to peoples' homes to help them out with their dog problems.

She had the exact intonation as the one did on THIS show! Maybe that is where she got it from?!?
    The British lady on "It's Me or the Dog" is Victoria Stillwell, who is also a judge on Greatest American Dog (just FYI).

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3144065;
    We enjoyed the last episode. We have a Jack Russell Terrier who is MUCH more badly behaved than Elvis was, but we were still rooting for Elvis and were sad to see him leaving the building.
    Me too! I laughed out loud when Elvis was let loose in the backyard and all the dog owners quietly went into the house. It reminded me so much of the Jack Russell I had, who could clear a yard in seconds flat. He was 10 times more obnoxious than Elvis. But watching this show I can see how other dog owners must have thought of ME: What can't she control that dog?

I just recently caught this show, and it's very entertaining! Question, though: what is everyone's problem with the lady who was sent to the Dog House? She spoke up to the dress-your-doggie girl, seemed pretty smart, gave Elvis a chance, etc., so I don't see why they're against her. I must have missed something.
    Not sure of her name, but the young girl who screeches at her dog is just TOO much. I wished she would've been on the losing team so they could have told her to stop it!
    I loved the teamwork challenge - I was really rooting for those dogs!

FORT Fan

Hi Navybelle....the lady with the Maltese was considered a "contender" by the winner of the last challenge...that is why they sent her to the "dog house"....the "owners" also seem to be forming some sort of bonding based on age/looks LOL>> like the "cool kids" on survivor or something...

Andrew the Maltese is really one of the best behaved dogs on the show, he even seems to have a calming effect on the others. His owner seemed pretty nice but she sort of threw Elvis and his owner "under the bus", howver it was probably pretty justified. Elvis/his owner cost their team the challenge

This is my favorite summer TV show, now that I've had it "up to here" with Big Brother. It was interesting to see that all the owners took their big dogs inside when Elviscious ran free, yet the little Maltese survived just fine...
    Andrew is a cute, well-behaved dog, but I think the owner will soon become a pain in the keister.
    Tillman's owner seemed to freak out excessively over a little scratch (he seems to have just a le-e-ettle much too much ego invested in the dog; I'm thinking he needs to get a life of his own).
    Blaze is a beautiful but clueless dog; it's the owner who needs to get her whiny, pouty face OFF MY TV ASAP (& stop scaring my cats with her supersonic squealing).
    The little Boston terrier eliminated first was more the fault of the obnoxious owner, rather than the dog. Both Kenji & Elan were badly-behaved & ill-mannered, and I feel very sorry for that handsome dog if the owner doesn't get some professional help (in both the areas of dog training & mental health).
    And speaking of mental health, do we want to place bets on how long it will take poor Bella's mom to have a complete meltdown? There's another one who needs to get a life of her own! (and some longer shorts, please--she just doesn't have the legs for stubbies).
    Sad to see the much-maligned Elvis & David go. I'm no fan of Jack Russells,
    but I want to be David's wife/girlfriend/mistress/etc. Hubba Hubba!
    So now I'm rooting for Preston the Pom all the way! He's well-behaved & the owner seems pretty normal. But he's a long shot against all the bigger athletic dogs.
    Note to editors: we don't need all this cheesy summer romance flirtation between the young hotties. LET THE DOGS HAVE THEIR DAY!!

CBS has moved Greatest American Dog to Wednesday night at 8/7 CST starting with the next episode.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crista galli;3144759;
    Tillman's owner seemed to freak out excessively over a little scratch (he seems to have just a le-e-ettle much too much ego invested in the dog; I'm thinking he needs to get a life of his own).
    From the 'Don't Throw Rocks' department:

I would never chastise an owner for 'freaking out' when their pet/baby/whatever you choose to call them, is attacked by another animal. No matter how consequential the injury turns out to be.

Reminder: Starting this week, GAD is trading places with the BB eviction show, so now GAD will be on Weds. at 8 EST and the live BB show will be on Thursday, also at 8 EST, like it used to be.
    Love lives forever <3

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;3145182;
    From the 'Don't Throw Rocks' department:

I would never chastise an owner for 'freaking out' when their pet/baby/whatever you choose to call them, is attacked by another animal. No matter how consequential the injury turns out to be.
    I tend to fall in the dogs-will-be-dogs camp when it comes to little power skirmishes, but a fight goes over the line when a dog draws blood. I think Tillman's owner was right to be angry and I'm surprised he wasn't angrier, considering the fact that Elvis's owner did nothing to correct his dog. (Funny how I can remember the dogs' names, but not the people's.)

Quote Originally Posted by candor;3144554;
    Me too! I laughed out loud when Elvis was let loose in the backyard and all the dog owners quietly went into the house. It reminded me so much of the Jack Russell I had, who could clear a yard in seconds flat. He was 10 times more obnoxious than Elvis. But watching this show I can see how other dog owners must have thought of ME: What can't she control that dog?
    I don't think "jacks" are obnoxious (now his owner might be!!!), but Jack Russells are just so filled with piss and vinegar. He played great with the little dog. They're like Border Collies, they have to keep busy ALL the time. And if they have a human who doesn't satisfy those needs, they'll get into mischief.

+ Reply to Thread