+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Greatest American Dog

Re: Greatest American Dog

Quote Originally Posted by Art_930;3136543;
    So glad to see poor Kenji and her owner go. The constant "eh eh eh" in the dog's face made me want to slap her. As for the owner of Bella Star, there are no words to describe her lunacy; she should have been evicted solely because of her diatribe to the judges.

My favorite continues to be Tillman, whose control over his impulses was funny and admirable.
    I totally agree

Go Tillman Go
    Go Tillman Go
    Yea Tillman Rah,rah,rah.

Quote Originally Posted by PaleHeart;3126016;
    Im liking this show. I thought i got over the whole "Real World/Big Brother" cliche reality show but this is very very unique and entertaining.
    I agree! Even the cutesy golden bone and dog house stuff is refreshing, when it should feel like a cliche. Maybe the sincerity in the dog's eyes makes it work.

One thing that struck me during that woman's emotional reaction to the judges when they told her not to dress up her dog - what a difference from other reality shows, where that kind of break down is encouraged. If that had been Tyra she would have labeled that "opening up." Instead, they told her to leave the emotions and home and be there to compete. Now that's refreshing in the world of dramality!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

We love this show here. It is laugh out loud good! They lady with Kenji was reeaaallly pissing me off. Love the edit at the end that showed the condrictions between her words/actions. Although I wish they would've kept her around just so hopefully she would learn something.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

That dog dressing woman is indeed a lunatic. But like others, I get the sense that she's a fluke in this show, and it wasn't cast to find nuts. She, in fact, represents a very real tendency with some dog owners, so its not all that surprising they'd get one by accident.

"Eh eh" lady needs to send her dog to a professional obedience school. But of course for it to do any good she has to also attend and PAY ATTENTION to how to actually control her dog.

Bill & Star, for all their lovely dramatic story arc this week, didn't really deserve that Win. Really, they came in about third. Teresa and Leroy were hands down the best performers, although Laura also had surprisingly good control over Preston.

Quote Originally Posted by Art_930;3136543;
    My favorite continues to be Tillman, whose control over his impulses was funny and admirable.
    My problem with Tillman is more with his owner, who if you've followed Tillman's "career" really seems to want to be vicariously famous through his dog.
    Last edited by Krom; 07-23-2008 at 06:19 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3142124;
    "Eh eh" lady needs to send her dog to a professional obedience school. But of course for it to do any good she has to also attend and PAY ATTENTION to how to actually control her dog.
    One night I was flipping through the channels and landed on Animal Planet and the show was called "It's me or the dog." There is this British lady dog whisperer () who comes to peoples' homes to help them out with their dog problems.

I almost fell out of the chair when the British lady said, "Eh, Eh" to this bulldog who wouldn't/couldn't stop jumping up on people.

She had the exact intonation as the one did on THIS show! Maybe that is where she got it from?!?

Boring episode today. Too predictable and I hate those voice-overs! Not only it doesnt fit the proper tone with the other sound but I mean seriously... do the judges/host messed up so much with their speech in the show that they need to do voice-over during editing?!?! I thought voice overs only exist in ANTM with Tyra but its in here too! Argh...

We enjoyed the last episode. We have a Jack Russell Terrier who is MUCH more badly behaved than Elvis was, but we were still rooting for Elvis and were sad to see him leaving the building.

I do think that the judges were right to correct the woman who made a bigger hole in the hoop for Andrew and also to mention that the woman (I'm not sure about all of the pet/owner names) who lifted up the end of the tube for her dog was wrong to do that. The team that won didn't make any adjustments to any of the obstacle/relay course.

Our Dachshund (Henry) actually watches and growls at the television when we watch this show. He seems to hate Tillman (although hubby and I think Tillman is hilarious). We're enjoying this show more than Big Brother so far!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

FORT Fan

I love all the dogs (not so much the owners LOL)...hate to see them go!

Elvis was probably the right choice, his performance cost his team however.

I really love Tilman, Presley? and Andrew !

I finally caught this show...wish I had given it a chance earlier because it is funny and delightful. The editors are doing a good job with matching doggie expressions to situations. From the "previous" at the beginning, I was prepared to dislike Elvis, but he learned to play well and Tillman got in a good head butt and showed him who's boss. The golden dog room and dog house are cutesy, but the dogs are the show, anyway. I was surprised they could take such a mix of breeds and work them as equals in the various challenges. I did like that the teams gave a try-out to their dogs for the relay...which section suited which dog. If Elvis' owner hadn't choke held him during the see-saw I think he would have still been there. Anyway - best laugh of the night which had everyone cracking up...Elvis Has Left The Building.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread