+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Greatest American Dog

Re: Greatest American Dog

Very entertaining ... though I can honestly say that I prefer the dogs (overall) to their humans, lol! I do think that certain breeds have decided advantages in this competition (they are smarter, more agile, etc.) ... but this is still fun to watch.

For those of us west coasters, please post who gets eliminated/wins the 2 competitions (in case we can't watch. Many thanks! (and woof!)

Molly in California

Doh! I was rooting for Ezzie (the Boston Terrier) team but they got eliminated the first round! I'm sure the owner loves her so much but he needs to calm down a bit, too much nervous/high-strung energy for poor Ezzie.

Im liking this show. I thought i got over the whole "Real World/Big Brother" cliche reality show but this is very very unique and entertaining. Mainly because of the dogs since i have 2 dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by PaleHeart;3126016;
    Im liking this show. I thought i got over the whole "Real World/Big Brother" cliche reality show but this is very very unique and entertaining. Mainly because of the dogs since i have 2 dogs.
    I think (so far) it escapes those "together in a house" cliches, because of the unique approach they are taking. It really won't work to make artificial villains with this setup, so we've been spared that tendency (I prey they continue to spare us).

At worst, a few of the owners come off as a bit nutty, but that's pretty honest when it comes to some pet owners. Playing their quirks for comedy seems to be the best way to go.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I've seen Victoria's show, can't remember which network. She's like a British Cesar Milan. I loved watching her facial expressions when she saw some of the owners interacting with their dogs.

Yeah, the one girl who invited all the houseguests to her wedding is definitely odd. I don't care for the border collie's owner. He's too arrogant. But I love all the dogs.

I found it an entertaining show. Of course, I prefer the dogs to the people
    Big Brother is the first thing I thought of...
    I couldn't believe how they were going on about the "dog house" that one person has to sleep in each week. They made it sound like it was a cardboard box and how terrible it was that someone would have to sleep in a sleeping bag outdoors. Shouldn't it be against the rules to carry a mattress down there?

I do think though that the girl who couldn't get her dog to do the most simple tricks should have gone home first.
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon

Write for HubPages.

Great episode tonight. I got very emotional when seeing Star in the animal hospital. Reminds me of my first dog...

But seeing Kenji leaving is no suprising.

I've enjoyed the challenges in this show so far. I could NOT believe that none of those dogs tried to eat the food tonight. My dog would have been waddling up and down the length of the table and scarfing down every bit of food that he could find.

I was also glad to see that Star was ok. That must have been really scary. I'm glad she won "Best In Show" tonight.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

FORT Fan

So glad to see poor Kenji and her owner go. The constant "eh eh eh" in the dog's face made me want to slap her. As for the owner of Bella Star, there are no words to describe her lunacy; she should have been evicted solely because of her diatribe to the judges.

My favorite continues to be Tillman, whose control over his impulses was funny and admirable.
    Last edited by Art_930; 07-18-2008 at 08:41 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Art_930;3136543;
    So glad to see poor Kenji and her owner go. The constant "eh eh eh" in the dog's face made me want to slap her. As for the owner of Bella Star, there are no words to describe her lunacy; she should have been evicted solely because of her diatribe to the judges.

My favorite continues to be Tillman, whose control over his impulses was funny and admirable.

I felt sorry for Tillman seeing how bad he wanted that steak. He didn't understand why he couldn't have it, and it was right there.

+ Reply to Thread