+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Greatest American Dog

Re: Greatest American Dog

Quote Originally Posted by sukee;3180705;
    So what was the point of even having the less-steep ramp if everyone who took it was criticized?
    That's an excellent question.
    Love lives forever <3

Quote Originally Posted by candor;3180461;
    That challenge was ridiculous! If Victoria got angry over Bill pushing Starr too much in the maze challenge (an overreaction, in my opinion), why wasn't she justifiably screaming mad over two stunts that probably frightened the dogs out of their wits?
    Because she's a twit. And a hypocrite.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I really wouldn't consider this any kind of spoiler but in case anyone is super-sensitive to knowing anything at all, I'll put this info in tags.

Click to see Spoiler:
    I looked on JD's website, k9kings.com, and there is a photo of Galaxy performing in July of 2008. This had to be after the show filmed, and the caption says that Galaxy is "healthy and happy". So, no lasting damage from her injury, I gather.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave;3180878;
    I really wouldn't consider this any kind of spoiler but in case anyone is super-sensitive to knowing anything at all, I'll put this info in tags.

Click to see Spoiler:
    I looked on JD's website, k9kings.com, and there is a photo of Galaxy performing in July of 2008. This had to be after the show filmed, and the caption says that Galaxy is "healthy and happy". So, no lasting damage from her injury, I gather.
    Thanks for posting that, it is good to know.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Quote Originally Posted by sukee;3180705;
    So what was the point of even having the less-steep ramp if everyone who took it was criticized?
    It should have been made clear that little dogs like Andrew or older dogs like Star and Galaxy would NOT be penalized for taking the less steep ramp. Has anyone ever watched Victoria's show "It's Me or the Dog"? She is just as obnoxious on it as she is on this show.

One of the things that struck me was how sorry they all seemed to be that Bill and Starr were going. They were going because the challenge was set up stupid, but still.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Premium Member

I don't even care who wins now, I wanted Bill and Star to win, the rest of them blech.

I am so glad you are all here, I am a west coast dog lover, anxious to know what happens. I have been instructed to find out the status of Galaxy as we were all concerned. I have a friend who is afraid to watch until she knows.

Upon further inspection - regarding Galaxy

from the American Humane:

"American Humane received many concerns regarding the limping dog. This dog did not display any signs of distress, nor did it limp following the challenge. It is our understanding from the show veterinarian that, after American Humane left the set and the contestants were taking their break before the taping of the judging segment, the owner, J.D., was playing Frisbee with his dog, Galaxy. During that play session, the dog came up lame. The dog was seen in the edited show limping without explanation, giving the impression that the limp was perhaps due to the stunt challenge. Again, it is editing that lends itself to the difference between audience perception and reality, as well as the desire of the producers to heighten the drama of the show. Audiences will find further veterinary explanation in future episodes."

If anyone is out there, I would love a report.

+ Reply to Thread