+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Greatest American Dog

Re: Greatest American Dog

No problem, you will love the team ups in the dog bone challenge. It was a hoot and another reason why it was time for Beth Joy to go.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

I wonder how long it really took the two female judges to calm down after they went after each other. Somehow I doubt it was only a couple of minutes like the show made it seem. I thought it was interesting that once things settled down, neither of them ever apologized and simply started gushing about how great the other was.

On a show where so much emphasis is being put on not causing the dogs stress, their behavior was more than a little hypocritical since they obviously made both the dogs and their owners very uncomfortable.
    Last edited by freethinker; 08-21-2008 at 03:07 PM. Reason: left out a word
    Love lives forever <3

I don't get why the one woman got so bent out of shape by Galaxy's run thru the maze. It isn't like he beat the dog, he told the dog to stay.

Heck, If I was concerned about being rescued he should have won hands down. Galaxy stayed (even tho he probably didn't want to) until the puppys caught up. Teresa's dog didn't really do anything but run thru the maze and have the good fortune that the puppies kept up. It's not like the dog herded them, they just followed.

And I bet there was quite a cooling off period. The looks on the contestants faces were priceless.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Does anyone know what kind of dog Star is? She is so sweet.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

I am glad Beth and Bella Starlet left. It was time, the poor dog was done.
    Last edited by dagwood; 08-21-2008 at 09:47 PM.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;3171875;
    According to the CBS website, she is a purebred Brittnay.

Bill and Star: Greatest American Dog on CBS
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;3171875;
    I agree, what a great temperment. But look at her human, he is one of the nicest guys there. She sure didn't want anything to do with those puppies, though, lol.

I am so glad Beth Joy is gone also. I was surprised they lasted that long. Really like Bill & Star and William and his owner (forget her name.)

I only now got around to seeing this last episode.

Haven't I called this aspect the past few weeks? Once again that British woman is snooty and making snap judgments. I've said it over and over again after every episode, I think. Being a judge isn't the same things as being "judgmental" and she is. If Bill HADN'T pushed Star that extra bit, what do you want to bet Snooty Judge would have jumped on him giving up--the way she has others. As for her call on JD? Maybe she's right about his training and maybe she's wrong. But what part of the challenge called for judging his methods over his results? There were no signs that his methods were actively abusive, this was just an intellectual objection to his overall methodology, not to what ACTUALLY occurred in that maze.

But... as for Bethjoy? Good riddance.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3175229;
    If Bill HADN'T pushed Star that extra bit, what do you want to bet Snooty Judge would have jumped on him giving up--the way she has others.
    That's exactly what I thought too! Bill was basically in a no-win situation once it became obvious that Star was tired. I'm sure he wasn't comfortable pushing her but figured the judges expected it and if he didn't do it, he'd be out for sure.

That challenge was really a very unfair one because it was obvious that the deck was stacked against the smaller dogs.
    Love lives forever <3

+ Reply to Thread