+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Miami: Miami Place - Hildi's Room

Miami: Miami Place - Hildi's Room

Ugh...another hideous Hildi-ous creation...

I like the set-up of the room much better afterward. The white white everywhere idea was a poor one. That room needs color.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

I don't think the room looked as bad on the show as it does in the photo.
    I didn;t really like the fabric, given that she'd used it on the drapery treatment and the chairs she could ahve easily gone with a solid colour on the walls, there was no need to try to match the fabric.
    With all the circles on the fabric, this room would ahve been a good candiate for the treat striped treatment she once did in a dining room.
    She painted the walls a flat colour, then painted in stripes of clear varnish so you have a flat-shiny-flat-shiny effect all in the same colour.
    I think that would have worked well in this room, (using a darker wall colour) and given a bit of depth and interest instead of "everything" being a circle.
    "That's Numberwang!"

eny
    FORT Fogey
    The fabric was nice, but when she did the walls the same, it was way too much.
    I like the flat/ shiny stripes , thats a great idea Fluff. Of course my idea of nice and Hildeous's are two different things. The round unit was great idea for cleaning up clutter.

+ Reply to Thread