+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Psychic Kids on A&E

Psychic Kids on A&E

Has anyone been watching this? New episodes run Mondays at 10pm. I find this sort of thing pretty interesting and it's especially interesting watching how the children deal with their abilities. So far they all seem to be genuine and not just making things up.

About Psychic Kids: Paranormal Children on A&E TV

On the heels of the extremely successful inaugural season of the A&E series "Paranormal State," the network will premiere "Psychic Kids: Children of the Paranormal" on Monday, June 16th 10:00PM ET/9C. When your child comes to you and says, "I see dead people." What do you do with that information? There are parents who are scared and isolated with problems that they often keep quiet - issues dealing with their children's paranormal abilities. Now, thanks to Medium Chip Coffey and renowned psychologist and Columbia University professor, Dr. Lisa Miller, help is on the way. Each one-hour episode features three kids who ultimately are brought together by Chip and Lisa to learn how to cope with their gifts and to realize they are not alone.

Medium Chip Coffey utilizes both his abilities in the paranormal and his Masters Degree in Psychology when he deals with children who are showing signs of possessing psychic and medium abilities. Chip aims to help the children with the supernatural phenomenon he or she is experiencing: how to manage this lifelong "gift" and the burdens that sometimes go along with the paranormal abilities. Dr. Lisa helps the children and families deal with the inter-family conflict they may be experiencing.

From seeing dead people to frightening abilities to predict the future, Chip and Lisa will uncover the truths and help the terrified and gifted. In the end, "Psychic Kids: Children of the Paranormal," is an intense journey of a medium and a psychologist, who draw on their own personal experiences, training, and unique outlook on life to teach troubled kids how to deal with what they often feel is a curse, as much as a unique and special gift.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Re: Psychic Kids on A&E

yeah, i've been watching. i'm a wuss though, so i have to record it and watch it on the weekend so i can see it during the daytime. watching at night freakes me out.

I was only able to watch a few minutes of it the other night

the part i saw was a boy and he was pointing out a hand print on the window that was the size of a child (smaller than his hands) and then his dog was reacting to something and looking at that same window later in the night.

Did they find out or explain what the history of that property was or how it may have coincided with a child in peril or anything?

I wish I could have watched the entire episode because i was intrigued by the hand print on the glass
    If Jimmy cracks corn and no one cares... why is there a song about him?

I tried to watch that episode but it was too freaky. I would never let my child go through that, especially on television. I pray the children are okay after this show ends.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

So is this one worth putting in the schedule?? I've seen it on the guide but going from "Paranormal State" didn't think it would be anything but cheesy.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

i like it better than that other show ... most definitely.

Thanks! I'm probably going to give it a shot.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

In the case of this program, I think the children have benefited from meeting others like them. Not to say that doing it on a tv show is the right way to go about it but think of how many other children are out there that might be afraid of their gift (if you believe in this sort of thing, which I do) but then they see this show and find they aren't alone. There are always pros and cons regarding tv. I hope in this instance the positive outweighs the negative.

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;3110380;
    i like it better than that other show ... most definitely.
    I totally agree bfd, I often got the feeling from the other one that they were purposely staging things or at least trying too hard to be overly dramatic about even the smallest events or things that could have easily been nothing more than coincidences.

I'm hoping they don't do that with this series and just let each case play out as it will, good, bad or otherwise.
    If Jimmy cracks corn and no one cares... why is there a song about him?

I love chip coffee

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast