+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Clean House (Style Network)

Clean House (Style Network)

So I watched the "Messiest House in the Country" episode of this show.

Two words: Oy Vey! I didn't know whether to feel more sorry for the couple receiving the makeover or the show's crew for what they had to do to make that house livable.

This house had things growing in it that wouldn't be found in most laboratories let alone a house. The litter box closet had to be one of the worst parts considering the cats had left the house years ago, OMG!
    I think what bothered me more than anything else was the fact that the 2 of them just didn't seem as appreciative in the end as I thought they would. They were clearly shocked at the amount of bins left in their new attic workspace (they were clearly delusional as to how much stuff they actually had gotten rid of versus how much they actually kept). They were somewhat bothered by the fact that the extra bedroom was converted into a guest bedroom rather than a babies nursery. What they did give them was a crib4life. It is a furniture solution that converts from a crib to a toddlers bed to a full size bed. I thought that was a wonderful compromise to their wish and yet they just didn't seem as happy about it as some would think.

In the end, it was clear that the couple wished simply for a crew to come in, clean their house, give them new stuff yet still let them keep their old stuff without any question. I honestly think Niecy was trying to help them see that they could not continue to live the way they were living, especially if they wanted to bring a child into the world. They were 2 selfish individuals that are in need of a reality check.

The Washington Post did an article about the show that also sheds some more light on this. If you have yet to watch this episode, you can watch the video attached to get a small glimpse into the couple's house.

Link Here

FORT Newbie

Re: Clean House (Style Network)

I am not sure that any agency will let them take a child until they get help for this illness. Hoarding is an illness. I would love to see what the house looks like in a year.

I have been watching the show for a while and some people seem to be overwhelmed by circumstances like a death in the family, but others, I just don't know.

I wonder if they don't have a psychologist on the payroll to help people after the show leaves.

Matt Iseman is a ring tailed tooter!
    I mostly watch the show to see what he will say next!

I admit it was disgusting, but I was completely entertained. I'm one of those 'CH" viewers who enjoy the off-kilter episodes. Last year's Messiest and the one with Judge Dragon are tops in my book.

But, in terms of Phil and Mindy. I think it was a good thing for them to win. Many people live in filth and need help. Not just 'CH' but therapy.

That kind of dirtiness is a sickness, just as hoarding. There's laziness, and then there're these type of people. Watch BBA's 'How Clean is Your House.' Exactly the same type of attitude and excuses. It's a pathology.

I love clean house and Ms Niecy. The people from the messiest home, No more accurate would be the filthiest outhouse in America. these folks made my skin crawl. I thought the Loria's from last season was horrid. This family makes them seem normal.

I love how the people on this show fight hard to keep their "cherished" possessions and then most of it turns out to be utter trash.

One of the most shocking thing from that article is that Mindy is 29 & Phil is 37. I thought they were at least 10 years older than that.

FORT Newbie

OOOOh child. This house was beyond a hot mess. It was a complete disgrace. And they are delusional in thinking they could have a child. I felt so embarrassed for these people,but I mostly felt pity for them. Sure the husband may have hurt his back,but if he was on any kind of disability,someone could have come in and helped with cleaning. The wife was also a little on the nutty side. They really need to ( if they don't already) offer people like this counseling so they don't continue to live like this,b/c without help this home will look the same way in a year. The ASPCA should have taken their dog away.

Hording is a serious illness and I hope the CH team was able to help these folks address this.

What's interesting is I've been to the Style Network website and you would not believe the anger over there. I get the disgust, but so many posters feel basically 'betrayed' by the show! It's ridiculous.

There are even people who are posting all the sponsors and saying to boycott.

Style Network is eating up this publicity and ratings. They just gotta' be.

I'm taking college classes online, so I've been stuck in my home and on the computer during the holiday, with my TV on in the background, of course! and I've noted that the Style Network has been playing this episode constantly.

Again, these people need help. Lazy is me leaving my dishes in the sink for a few days or not hanging those window treatments I bought a month ago.

Living in filth and I agree, thinking you are ready for a baby is totally delusional.

FORT Newbie

I have not seen the episode yet, I missed it but am going to watch it at 5pm central as it is on here and will comment after im sure but......

I have watched this show for a long time and I love matt, hes so funny, mark is great at what he does!, Trish is so cute and "southern", and Ms. Niecy is just great!

I loved the "dragon family" episode! Seriously that woman was crazy! Some of these people make me feel like I have the cleanest house in America! lol I am glad I dont live like that!

I felt really sad after watching this episode. There are obviously some serious issues going on and it was really difficult to watch two people who are in such a state of denial.

Homes don't end up in that condition because the owners are too lazy to do the dishes or too tired to clean the litter box. They also don't end up in that condition overnight.

I really hope that the show gets this couple some sort of help beyond cleaning their home, because the condition of their home is a SYMPTOM of the problem, not the problem itself.

I don't get the anger either. Style Network didn't make these people pigs. These people sent in the tape of their home on their own. If your home is bad enough to video and sent to a show then you are completely aware you have issues. If anythng I should be mad these people exist and I was visibly shaken from the viewing all that foolishness and mayhem.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast