+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Clean House (Style Network)

Re: Clean House (Style Network)

I know that my previous reply did not even make sense after reading the posts. The Messiest Show messed me up that much! The anger that these two displayed towards each other and to the Clean House crew who were doing so much for them was beyond understanding. I think the daughter finally got it as she seemed to like the design, but I hope that they both start over and can get their stuff figured out.

MamaC, like you I am hoping for a followup show. I hope to see that they have gotten their heads screwed on straight and aren't threatening to slap each other over stuff. My goodness!

Cool show. It always gets me in the mood to get more organized.

I know they followed up with the 1 messiest home family, The Loria's last year. The mother was still delusional also. The family from last season if I could live without seeing their nasty faces.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I just feel that Bridgette and her mom, Shannon are con artists that got their entire house made over for free. I hope they are humiliated for life because of their despicable behavior.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Just the fact that it took 400-50 gallon plastic bins, 75 large moving boxes and 300 trash bags to clean out that house tells how crazy this woman really is. I know Mom is a detective and obviously she wasn't good at detecting clutter.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I would not consider these people con artist. They and everyone else who have appeared on the "Messiest Home" shows obviously have some emotional issues in terms of hording and living in filfth. It goes beyond laziness when you have that much stuff in your home. I hope the Style network brings a therapist when they do these shows.

As for the attitudes, yes they are bad, but let's be real. The producers ALWAYS choose people who will bring on the drama. Except for Toni Dragon, you will notice they always choose "likable" for the regular shows and "unlikable" for the specials. Hmmm, I wonder why?

Also, people forget yes the people get a free makeover; the show is not a not-for-profit organization and they are not making over these people's homes out of the goodness of their hearts.

This and every other show is all about money for the Style network, producers, cast and crew through advertisers and product placement. How many times does Mark mention Ashley Furniture, or wherever they get the stuff from, in one hour. So for whatever freebies these people are receiving they are trading in their dignity and making the Style network millions of dollars, Neicie Nash and crew at least six figures and the crew employed in a hard economy.
    "Whatever you think you can do or believe you can do, begin it. Action has magic, power and grace in it."-Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

These two were even beyond delusional. Their attitudes horrible, the accusations about the purses were uncalled for. These two should be in major major therapy. The stock answer: It is 30 years of accumulation. THROW something OUT already! I wanted to smack these two.

Quote Originally Posted by Cootie;3539075;
    I plan to keep her mess in my mind as I go through my house this summer with intentions to get rid of anything I don't need in my small house.

I watch this show on a pretty regular basis. I always thought my house is cluttered until I watch the show. It gets me motivated to throw things out.
    Chittlins forever y'all!

These people are ridiculous, lazy, delusional, self absorbed, rude and obnoxious.
    Honestly - it is one thing to hoard stuff - but completely another to stop picking up after yourself. That bathroom was disgusting. The kitchen was too. Both of those women should be ashamed at the way they behaved. I always wish someone would post from their neighborhood or school or whatever, giving us the inside scoop on what things are like now.

I just recently got the Style Network so I only started watching this show in the past 2 weeks since they have been having such a major marathon going on. I myself could be considered a hoarder (but a mild one and nothing like the people on this show) and can understand how things get like this. For some, I do believe it to be a mental illness and for others, it's just laziness. And for some, it's both. Ever since I was a kid, I was always a neat nick. My bedroom was always spotless...until you looked through the drawers and under the bed and in the closet. It was pretty much laziness. However, some days I would come home from school and find that I had created more work for myself because my Mom will have taken all that out and dumped it in the middle of the floor. She would have my Dad's belt hanging on the door as a threat, of course, to have it done by the time he got home By the time I got to college I had quit that stuff. My dorm room truly was organized perfectly and my drawers were immaculate. When I was 20, I had a traumatic experience and became extremely depressed and I just stopped caring. The depression continued for 9 years but now it's become habit to be lazy. My Mom and my Sister will take pity on me about once or twice a year and help me go through my things but I keep buying things. Mostly I buy clothes and yarn (I love to knit) and as a result I have clothes all over the floor in my bedroom and a tangled mess of yarn in the closet of my craft room. I'm not dirty like the couple last year that wanted a baby so bad. I do let dishes pile up and I forget to throw away moldy stuff in the fridge (I mostly eat out so I really don't look in the fridge that often) but I am mostly clean underneath the clutter. Anyway, I am the first to admit that my issues are mostly laziness and habit. Once I start making more money I am planning to hire a maid to come in every 3 weeks because I think that might help me stay motivated to put stuff away.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Yeah a new season of Clean house. Tonight Niecy Nash's house is the one being cleaned up. Apparently Niecy's mom moved in with her and brought all her clutter with her.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread